Non Bushcraft review - Karas Kustoms G2 Brass bolt Pen.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
OK This is not a bushcraft review and I couldn't think of where to place it so OT it goes (Mod's please move if you like).

OK I bought this pen as I just wanted a simple plain brass pen that took fisher space pen refill's, now a little about my writing:

And how it's improved with this pen.....
I am a lefty who wrights notes all the time and values a good pen and paper combo, I have a tendency to press a little hard on ball points and write fast so this pen was ideal for me, it is heavy and with the pressurized ink and fast drying quality of said ink it leaves less stains on my hand and my writing with a ball point has increased ten fold as a result (I normally use a fountain pen to slow me down some). The weight alone makes it worth the £52.30 I payed to get it over from the US (for a non fountain pen it's expensive) and it's extremely well built I have so far thrown it down really hard a few times post conference call, dropped it on a marble floor from about 4ft, and a a test threw it as hard as I can at a brick wall coated with plaster and apart from a single little scratch in the patina that is building up on the marine brass I noticed no marks in the brass.

Now let's talk about a the weight again, for a pen this thing is heavy as hell for a pen, this is not for every one (luckily as this is custom for a little more money they can an will make a slimmer version) but for my large clumsy hands, it's worth it with a fisher ink refill when it's broken in makes for a perfect writing instrument. word of advice though don't use this with a fine ball and crappy paper it WILL cut it like a knife if you death grip it like I do normal ball points. But with average paper a medium ball and death grip it works really well.

Now for refills it takes a normal Parker refill, but Karras include a tube of plastic that you can cut down to your length 1.2cm is perfect for fisher refill's, an you can buy this stuff in any model shop if you ever lose the 6in length they give you, they also give you a Alan key that can be used if you never want to take off the clip. And it was packed in a box with so much padding short of it crash landing on a beat with tom hanks nothing could hurt it.

For me this is a 9.5 out of 10 pen, for every one else this is a 9.0 pen seriously get your hand on one and you will LOVE it to death.

Now I'll post a pic of this tomorrow as at 5pm it's the end of it's first full month, but again here is the link to the off the factory floor model.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Nice review mate- sounds like a great pen! :)

I have to admit I've never had a good pen- but I don't write much either :eek:.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
You want to know the weird thing, I didn't untill I was about 16 and got given a really high end fountain pen as a gift an really nice GSM120 paper and then I just wrote stuff down all the time. The right pen and paper combo will sort that.
I never leave home without a bag in the bag I have a A4 notepad and my pen wrap now it's the bolt, my Rotring Pro Rapid Black with red lead's and a fisher space pen that is medium and fine mixed ends, seriously you have no idea how useful that combo is, note taking, sketching anything. I am about to try a new pocket notepad though a right in the rain jobbie A5 but it perforated (I have always wanted a Rhodia or Moleskin with all perforated pages) for a fountain pen it's useless but with my mighty 3 combo might just be worth it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE