No stitch neck knife sheath

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
This is just something that I have been playing around with lately.I can't claim the design as my own I saw it on the"primitive ways"website http://www.primitiveways.com/pt-knifesheath.html

So I just made this littel neck knife and thought that I would give it a go.But I just don't know,it is a clever design and all but it does not feel very safe to me.

IMG_1101-1.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Very nice! This also works well with moras. I've cut the top part off a mora plastic sheath and slipped it into the bottom of these types of sheaths and it gives you a bit of added protection. I also cut a hole in the bottom of mine and slip a piece of leather thong in to tie the two halves together at the bottom.

Another optiion is to split the top part in the middle, not on one side. That way you have two sides that fold over, one overlapping the other, rather than having the open part of the folded piece open on one side.

moraneck.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you dip the whole thing in hot wax it hardens the piece and makes it more secure..........pain in the neck wiping excess off something footery though.

cheers,
Toddy

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Just made my mark two sheath using some of Hoodoo cool ideas.:You_Rock_

Used some heavy leather on this one and with the design modifications this one feels and with lot safer.

Also made one for my sloyd knife using the my first design.Just waiting on my vinegaroon mix to color the leather,the shape of this sloyd kinfe seem to work better with this design.I think that this is a very useful little"trick"if done well it is safe sheath.It has the advantage that it can be made a faster that a normal leather sheath and no special leathercraft tools are tools are needed.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Pretty nifty! I am a bit puzzled though. Did you slide a separate piece in there or did you fold over a piece and slide it in there?

Nice Sheath, simple but functional.

But I am a but dubious about carrying a sharp object close to my neck and chest with out it being in a hard cased sheath, one small slip and it's game over.......

I carry the Jack Pyke Skinning knife around my neck it came in a kydex sheath

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE