nintendo wii

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Spent a couple of weeks looking round for one, in the end bit the bullet and ordered from Germany, arrived in under a week and works well. Wouldn't pay the inflated prices that a lot of shops over here are charging at the moment.

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
I truly hate games like Wii/xbox etc wasted easily 2 years of my life sitting at a computer/playing games would never wish that on my kids , teach them how to make fire or get them fit instead :p

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I agree, its more fun to be outdoors.

But then I cant even dream of affording one; they sound fun though.

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
I truly hate games like Wii/xbox etc wasted easily 2 years of my life sitting at a computer/playing games would never wish that on my kids , teach them how to make fire or get them fit instead :p

you cannot say to kids "sorry father christmas says you arent getting any presents this year you have to go camping everynight after school"my kids get plenty of time in the woods dont try preaching child rearing to me ,when all i did was start a post to help people out getting hold of a hard to find item.as for fitness my kids are as fit as butchers dogs they box every night before bed not x box, box as in the noble art.they also cycle to and from school.And my kids already know how to make fire they do it each and every cold night after school.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Iv wasted most of the past 4 years of my life on consoles. Bought an xbox 360, but cant be bothered to pay £40 for the games. Its insanely addictive, but it made me huge spending 7 hours a day on the thing at times, a couple of years back. I just play it at friend's houses n thats it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My son is working (xmas job) at Argos, and there will be NONE in stock until the new year, thats what the staff were told last week. Lots of moms and dads shouting at the kids working these temp jobs in Argos:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
workers in argos seem to get loads of greif from customers whatever the time of year,theres always someone moaning at them

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
Calm down. He's only expressing his opinion. Big breaths. :D

Feel free to express on opinions on the best knife ,the best jacket,great places to go ,mountains to climb, rivers lochs to paddle, But dont preach child rearing to people because everyone does it in theyre own way which they see as fit and proper.If comandoacal,s kids wake up christmas morning with just a ferro rod and a knife in there stocking thats fine and fair play to him,but as anyone with children knows ,the way you bring them up is very close to your heart and unfair critisism is uncalled for and quite frankly rude.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
workers in argos seem to get loads of greif from customers whatever the time of year,theres always someone moaning at them

that's becuase the majority of their workforce is selected from the same genepool as mcdonalds 'staff' (present companys offspring excepted ;))
back to the wii though - the ebay prices are just supply and demand - people want/need one for their kids for christmas and the shops either don't have them or they get 6 units delivered and they're sold before the shrink-wrap is off the pallet. i have spent the last 2 crimbo run-ups camped on the phone to every electrical outlet asking about stock - i've been 9th in a queue when there were only 8 available.
last year for my sons, i paid £250 for one on ebay, and that lives at their mums house. this year my daughter wanted one, but after no luck on merseyside, i rang my ma and pa who managed to get one in Derby - £235 with sports, any 2 games, and a 1gb memory card. i got lucky this year, but i truly feel for those who have missed out - sometimes, tthe bay is the only way to go

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
my sister in law also paid above the odds on ebay.she lives in a big town and the demand was crazy so she felt she had to.i live in a small town and they had 9 in stock so i bought 1.i think selling stuff above the odds is criminal and should be stopped.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar

I've gotta agree, having done the same. It can become almost addictive; up playing 'til 2 in the morning to get to a certain level or something while knowing you're going to be knackered the next day. An online game called Americas Army was the worst because I know (in real life) half the people I played with.
What changed? Realising one day that I was spending half my free time staring at a computer monitor. In the real world being fast, efficient, and having a great knowledge of AA tactics means ****. I deleted it and that was that. I still miss it once in a while though!

What I wish is that they'd put these games to better use; make them educational (as well as with the wii a bit more physical). Languages perhaps, in the epics have foreign language audio for the clues with an on-screen English translation. Something like that. That way I could at least convince myself I'm doing something worthwhile while playing them :)

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
The Wii was £150 in the first place wasn't it!? A friend told me it was £150 when he got it - hence why it was more popular than the xbox 360 and upcoming PS3 at that time.

I think Nintendo has got things figured out: a originally cheaper console and a wide variety of game themes that seem to apply to all age groups...or so there adverts make out.

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Very true crazy climber i stayed up till like 0300 every morning playing a game called star wars galaxies it became my life insanly addictive, and i still miss it, i like the idea of making them educational, i spoke to my mate the other day and he played a game called battlefields 2 and he knows all the chinese sayings for their military :O

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
CC yeah thats it exactly - I still know the 'enemy' words for 'medic', 'grenade', 'good job team', 'down', etc... all in a 100% made up language! When I think what I could have learnt instead...
I'd pay a lot for a decent language course integrated into a good game. Why does nobody make them? I guess a lot of parents would be happier about them playing them too (no nagging ;)) - everyone wins!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE