Night hike and sleep over in haunted house

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greenwood

Forager
Jan 2, 2012
Wild Wiltshire
After hearing about the night hike from the picturesque Bradford on Avon to the centre of bath to stay in the basement of a haunted house!, who could turn that down! so off I went to meet up with with my fellow scouts and we set off around 19.00.

A stroll down the canal to wards Avon cliff and across the aqueduct to the other side of the canal, just around the corner was a commotion going on and it turned out to be a drunk load of lads Manning up on top of their hired (possible) boat! after some thrown abuse at us they seemed hot and loosened their clothes-the bottoms game out!! you can then guess what happened next, one of the crowd stripped off and then got pushed in!!LOL + PMSL, a quick talk about how long it takes to get hypothermia in exposed conditions and we carried on.

Up the hill to top of Winsley hill, across down the wood to the canal and time for tea/food.
After that crossing the main Bath road (luckily very quiet) and up the steep field to brass knocker hill, and on ward to rainbow wood, after crossing down in to bath sky line we invested to boys in to their group at 12.00 midnight, walking along the bath sky line at night was lovely, almost in to Bath and things were slowing down, reaching are destination and bedding down about 01.00 in morning.

Macky D's for breakfast and home on the train and shower.

Sorry I can't put up pics

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I have spent many happy hours in Rainbow Wood. There are some old ruins in amongst the trees which always seemed quite eerie. That must have been fun in the dark.
Z

Sent from my sofa using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE