Nice, cheap petrol lighter with O-ring seals(not a peanut lighter)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Probably run on anything that burns. I used to know a guy who would twist a bit of wire onto his Zippos windshield and toss the whole thing into a bowser of aviation fuel. When it lit, the flame would be about a foot long and give off thick black smoke. Not very discreet, but it worked. I guess. :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
How did you get on with that one Pete?

It doesn't really run on parafffin, does it?

I've only put lighter fluid in it, I put parafin in a Zippo and it killed it. After 15 odd refills on lighter fluid, it still wouldn't light so I had to replace the wadding.

I really like it Ged, not the usual Chinese tat. Quite big for a zippo insert copy and the case is mostly ABS plastic with ally trimmings and magnets to hold the lid shut. It's got a weird wick, kind of plastic covered. It lights really well and instantly. I wouldn't be surpised if it did actually light.

Still no match for an Imco though.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
http://dx.com/p/jobon-stylish-oil-lighter-with-leather-strap-red-24042

Jobon-Stylish-Oil-Lighter-with-Leather-Strap-Red-.jpg_250x250.jpg

Heads up on these solid water resistant lighters. $4.12 delivered (around £3)

I've been using one constantly for nearly 2 weeks and quite like it compared to my Imco's, Zippos and the like. The build quality and finish is excellent for this kind of Chinese stuff and throws a decent spark at the wick.

The aluminium collar slides up and down on rubber O-rings to reveal the striker and the collar seats onto another o-ring to stop the petrol vapours escaping.

The O-rings make this a lighter suitable for use after short immersion and so useful for the paddlers and those of us that venture onto frozen water as a main user lighter.

The little split ring is uselessly small but is easily swapped for cord or a bigger split ring.

How are these working out Pete? Worth getting a couple?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE