Nice, cheap petrol lighter with O-ring seals(not a peanut lighter)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
http://dx.com/p/jobon-stylish-oil-lighter-with-leather-strap-red-24042

Jobon-Stylish-Oil-Lighter-with-Leather-Strap-Red-.jpg_250x250.jpg

Heads up on these solid water resistant lighters. $4.12 delivered (around £3)

I've been using one constantly for nearly 2 weeks and quite like it compared to my Imco's, Zippos and the like. The build quality and finish is excellent for this kind of Chinese stuff and throws a decent spark at the wick.

The aluminium collar slides up and down on rubber O-rings to reveal the striker and the collar seats onto another o-ring to stop the petrol vapours escaping.

The O-rings make this a lighter suitable for use after short immersion and so useful for the paddlers and those of us that venture onto frozen water as a main user lighter.

The little split ring is uselessly small but is easily swapped for cord or a bigger split ring.

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Good find - about time there's something along these lines available. Thanks for the heads-up.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I showed this to my gf just now, and she went very quiet and evasive; I remember a conversation a few weeks ago when she asked me if a Primus-labelled gas lighter would be any good. I'm fairly sure from her reaction that I'm gonna get the Primus in my stocking.............on top of the tangerine and just under the chocolate money!

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
That's neat Pete, thanks for sharing. Don't forget to show it to us in January. :)

Two years ago my sister bought me a peanut lighter with an O-ring seal. I think it came from Mountain Warehouse:

http://www.trueutility.com/collections/all-products/products/firestash

I filled it then. That's the only time I've filled it. The last time I tried it was a year ago, and it worked fine.

Prompted by your post I just dug it out of my bum-bag and tried it again. Once again it lit just fine! I'm thinking of going for five... :)

I notice that not everyone has had the same happy experience with this brand that I have had, so I suppose you take your chances.

EDIT: Today 15th June 2015 I took the little lighter out of my waistcoat (the one I use for storage when I'm camping) and it lit immediately. It's still running on the fuel I put in it on 25th December 2011.

Last edited:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks for that Teepee....just ordered one :)
No worries.

That's neat Pete, thanks for sharing. Don't forget to show it to us in January. :)

Two years ago my sister bought me a peanut lighter with an O-ring seal. I think it came from Mountain Warehouse:

http://www.trueutility.com/pocket-tools-store/lighter_waterproof.html

I filled it then. That's the only time I've filled it. The last time I tried it was a year ago, and it worked fine.

Prompted by your post I just dug it out of my bum-bag and tried it again. Once again it lit just fine! I'm thinking of going for five... :)

I notice that not everyone has had the same happy experience with this brand that I have had, so I suppose you take your chances.

I've got few of those dotted about my kit Ged, they last for me too. One went through the washing machine and still lit. :)

Thanks Pete, just ordered one.
Good man. :)

I dont need one.....
I dont need one.....
I dont need one. ....

Hmmmmmmmm looks cool

You know you want one....
You know you're going to blow a whole £2.60 on one. :)

Last edited:

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Mine just arrived after about a month after ordering, seems to work ok, shame about the colour (mine is bright pink) but you didn't get to choose

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Mine just arrived after about a month after ordering, seems to work ok, shame about the colour (mine is bright pink) but you didn't get to choose

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

There's a member on this forum who'd love to have your pink lighter next chrimbo :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE