Nice, but what a price!

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I tend to look around the bay of evil on occasion, just to see if there are any bargains to be had and i've been watching this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=260141514964&rd=1&rd=1

I had no intention of bidding by the way, way too rich for my blood, but i cannot help but admire the thing! Beautiful to look at and probably a joy to use, but i cannot help thinking that this is going into a bank vault or glass cabinet without ever tasting wood, meat or fish! Can you imagine asking the new owner if he will be using a firesteel on the back of it!

Either this is a serious collector or this months mortgage money has gone up the swanny!:eek:

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
Rochester, Kent
:eek: I have been looking at that as well (not to buy obviously just oggle :D )

It was on £500 yesterday :eek:.

Definately a collector, so it will just be displayed and never used :(

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
When makers like Alan Wood die, we'll be glad there are collectors preserving their works while the rest of us use and abuse them.

I would guess a knife like this would cost about £350 from Alan, plus a long wait... strange how these collectors are in such a hurry and not maximising the value by buying at the original price and just dealing with the wait.

Lovely knife though.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm wondering what mine would do if I bung it on e-bay (which I'm not intend to do): it's a one off and completely unique in it's kind... It got a Woodlore handle and a BB-blade (designed by Martyn) blade
:eek: :sulkoff: :naughty:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
When blade makers like Alan and Stuart M finally give up working, I sincerely hope there are a few people to take over the mantle and make their own mark. For the time being, I wish the money went to the makers instead.

Just because they aren't verified my RM, you should see some of the stuff made on BB, I only mentioned Stu & Alan for now, but there are quite a few superb makers.

(Stu and Alan did have me shaking my head in wonder at their stalls in Bristol though).

This shouldn't be locked in a cupboard - I suppose it's like a Picasso in someones lounge, this being infinitely more beautiful than a picasso to me thoug.

I stopped looking when it was 400 quid but £610 ouch!!!
have to say I agree whole hartedly with Dougster its a great shame the money does'nt go to the makers.
Tim
PS to any makers reading this while I would love to see you get the cash it would also mean ordinary folk (like most of us here) could never afford to even think seriously about purchaseing your wares

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
The blade is stunning, everything else is just a clone of every Rm design going. For that much cash i's want something really "out there".
Very nice damascas Leuku blade for sale on one of the Danish shop's recently for £260, sold to a collector in the far east, now that would have been worth £600 with a nice handle and sheath to match:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE