NI Patrol pack modifications?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Does anyone have one of the above that they have modified,if so how?

Are there any sites out there, that show modifications and how they're done?

All help appreciated!

Regards,
Andy

Redwall

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2011
Bristol
I've seen them modded with some extra straps (I believe from body armour) that allow you to clip the lid shut by the top loops rather than the main clips. This means you can crank it down tighter when not crammed full.

I was going to try it but mine got pinched out of the back of the car.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
OK i have a couple of original NI packs first one is as designed with a few extras ( water hose retainer, useful c clip (glove and extra holder) and the normal climbing shackle),

The other has had some changes to it, cut off the belt, bungee cord added to the rear tapes, extra bungee cord/ elastic tapes on top for roll mat retainer. water hose retainer clip, small zip marker (glows for 10 years), climbing shackle added.

A few guys take off the side pouches and either put zips down the edges to fit plce side pockets, or tapes for molle kit, or mess pouches for small extras, some put a pouch on the rear for holding a basha (wet or dry) similar to the one seen here on this link :https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/catalogue/770-Multicam-Commanders-Patrol-Pack or this :https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/catalogue/1063-Titan-Bergen-Tan also some guys put normal webbing pouches on their packs such as the water bottle ones, that you can also see in those links. hope that helps

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know a way to mod the webbing straps for the shoulder straps to stop them cutting into my sides when pulled tight?

Cheers,
Andy

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Some people put roll mat material covered in black nasty or green friendly tape ( black nasty = duct tape green friendly = CBRN/Sniper tape) they add to the padding and to shoulder strap as well to add extra softness.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Best mod i did was throw it in the bin Andy.
Terrible terrible pack that rates as one of the most uncomfortable i've worn.

I know we are all different with different needs and require different things out of a pack, but i do honestly believe you'd be better off putting your effort into modding something better mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE