next project axe re build

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
i bought this about 10 years ago from B@Q back when i was making bows but havnt used it since. i have no real idea if the steels any good? but wanted to try re shaping and re handling it. after grinding will re heat treat using fire cement and try and get an interesting hamon on it...
here it is... think i paid around £15 for it
ignor the marker was just scribbling on it

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
heres the progress so far... rough ground with the angle grinder. will be using the belt sander to tidy it up a bit before rough sanding and heat treating

Last edited:

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
well that was fun! bit of a slog with the grinder but ready for a handle... not 100% sure about the profile yet but will try it first

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
Sweet. So long as that is aimed at splitting, the profile is fine.

thanks, didnt spend too much time on this one as staying at home for kindling. heat treat went well its taken a good edge and holds it well. i tempered it upside down in the forge watching the colours creep up the blade till the tip was dark straw.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE