Next piece of kit sussed...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well, after receiving my Mora HD & DC3 in record time from Heinnie.com, I've figured out my next bit of kit - it is...*drumroll please* a set of fully featured, uprated & gucci...plasters. Thought I had some but it's not the case after rooting around all over with a bleeding finger! Oops!

I have to say after a play about I'm extremely impressed with the Mora, I'm glad I went for it & with the sharpening stone, it's already proving pretty formidable as a beginner blade for learning to sharpen etc, and I haven't even started yet! Thankyou toeveryone that provided me with advice and information, it was much appreciated! :D

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
When I gave my grandson a knife for Christmas, I included a set of plasters. Sure enough, he needed them by Boxing Day.
Like you, I bought a Mora and DC4 after advice from members here: the money they saved me was well worth the annual subscribtion.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good news on getting your new shiny to play with. Not so good on lacerating yourself! Hope it wasn't bad one? Yeah a first aid kit is a pretty essential piece of gear. Especially wen playing with sharps. (Though luckily not needed mine in a long time). Still at least you've blood the blade now.

We'll get you playing with axes next!

Enjoyed the coffee and chat the other day, good afternoon out.

Speak soon,
GB.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I can't remember who it was but one knife maker used to supply a plaster with every knife he sold.
Think it could have been Longstrider.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I can't remember who it was but one knife maker used to supply a plaster with every knife he sold.
Think it could have been Longstrider.

In days gone by, Ben Orford used to staple a plaster to any receipt for a knife made by him. I don't know whether he still does it as it seems that he has stopped his custom knife making activities. Pity, really.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
cutting yourself with your knife on the first use is a rite of passage.....just try to avoid it with spoon knives, those "mementos" stick around a LOT longer.....

Good news on getting your new shiny to play with. Not so good on lacerating yourself! Hope it wasn't bad one? Yeah a first aid kit is a pretty essential piece of gear. Especially wen playing with sharps. (Though luckily not needed mine in a long time). Still at least you've blood the blade now.

We'll get you playing with axes next!

Enjoyed the coffee and chat the other day, good afternoon out.

Speak soon,
GB.

Acht, at least first blood has been drawn, like quite a few others have said, it's a rite of passage lolol! Thankfully not a bad one, nippy little bugger though! :)

Have been trying out my sharpening skills, I think the paper I tested it on afterwards would testify that they're working I think lol :D

Mmmmm, axes, sounds like fun...definitely!

I really did enjoy the coffee and the blether, was the best afternoon I've had in a long time, thankyou so much - hope you didn't miss yer bus due to us windbagging on the street? :D

Take care mate, see ya soon :)

That's the plasters bought lol, they didn't have 3M ones so I got Savlon waterproof ones - will collect other bits and bobs for a first aid kit when money permits :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Glad you had fun, I know I did. Don't get a chance to sit and natter to folk nearly enough. Dam good coffee in there too and the cake looked good.

A pair of anti cut loves may be an idea with the spoon knife, I've got some kicking around to try if you like. Though they can be a pain to wear.

Speak soon,
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I did fear I may be tempting providence with that statement.

See knives and superstitions! After not drawing blood in yonks (apart from the wicked Phlebotomist at the health centre) and making that comment yesterday. I was sharpening a couple of knives last night and guess what? Yup I gashed my index finger! No not on a knife but on the tin of sardines I was trying to open without splattering tomato sauce everywhere. Luckily I had a FAK to hand so finger bandaged and sardines on toast with fresh milled pepper for tea!

So note to myself, don't boast about not cutting myself in ages.

TTFN,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE