barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
hello guys and gals i am new to bushcrafting ,but i love the outdoors, i want to get into bushcraft i have had lots of fun making bits of kit , i made my cook kit and i have made a couple of knives and other bits i realy enjoyed playing in the shed. the missus asked me if i wanted to move to the shed ....lol.was tempted i was wondering if there was and meets fairly local to where i am in derbyshire . tips and any input would be greatly recieved ....many thanks ....mark....:)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Welcome, Mark, have you had a look at the meet-ups at the bottom of the forum, there's one meet that's near yer, The Sausage meet, have a gander. :)

Just had a look, yer need a aeroplane to get there.

Last edited:

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Alright mate! Welcome to the forum.
I'm not too far from you, and there are plenty of others in and around Derbyshire. Unfortunately, the only (organised) meets within the immediate vicinity were held at Spitewinter and organised by Shaggystu. I never managed to attend one, but I heard they were a good laugh.
I think the North Wood meets are still going strong, as are the Rough Close meets :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Is a brand new social site for bushcrafters that lets you use maps to set locations and find locals and and other stuff like uploading video and its all free, but havent actually registered yet, the address is www.bushcraft1st.co.uk

Maybe you should introduce yourself and the site properly and not hijack another persons first post. It's not the best way to win friends and future visitors.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE