New wood scales on stainless blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Hi all after a year and a half i decided to put some new wood scales on this new stainless steel knife which i per chest from USA i take no credit for making the blade.this was the first knife i per-chest before i started to make my own designed knifes i have posted quit a lot off my stuff on this site .this one is 71/2 inches long with 31/4 inch blade stainless steel full tang blade is flat ground has stainless pins brass lanyard tube. gray fiber liners.the wood scales have been treated with super glue to harden them up the sheath is black leather. i wish to sell this one so how do i go about posting this knife on to the makers market? or do i need to. bit difficult know since eBay stupidly baned the sale off knifes cheers stanley
Me110.jpg

Me109.jpg

Me108.jpg

Me107-1.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Stanley.... very nice work indeed.

As for selling it, if it's a one off sale you don't need to register as a maker. That's for people who regularly make items and put them up for sale.

If you want to sell only the occasional item then become a full member and you can then post it in the members classifieds.

Hope that helps you :)

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Stanley
Nice work not sure abut the liners though.
what is the wood spalted birch?

Hi alf i now i got other colours that i need to use up red or black wood of given it a bit more colour that is for other knifes to come . yes it is spalted birch wood i picked quit a bit up off my local beach with some other woods cheers stanley

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Stanley.... very nice work indeed.

As for selling it, if it's a one off sale you don't need to register as a maker. That's for people who regularly make items and put them up for sale.

If you want to sell only the occasional item then become a full member and you can then post it in the members classifieds.

Hope that helps you :)

Hi Mesquite thanks very much for your information i have checked the full member site and it seams like you have to pay £30 to become a full member which entitles you to sell your knifes. i was only looking to sell around 1or2 a month to pay for materials IL have to look into it a bit more cheers stanley

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lovely knife Stanley

There is a drop down box on the Paid Subscriptions in User CP, you can select from £15 upwards as it's optional.

If you're planning to knock some of your work out as a maker it's probably worth your while upgrading.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Lovely knife Stanley

There is a drop down box on the Paid Subscriptions in User CP, you can select from £15 upwards as it's optional.

If you're planning to knock some of your work out as a maker it's probably worth your while upgrading.

Hi shewie thanks for information I've just been checking the members classified adds i thinks your right IL have to upgrade to makers market im only planning to sell a very small amount of my work do i have to go through my pay pal account or can i do other ways got to be careful!! cheers stanley

i PMed Tony a couple of days ago to ask if Members can sell their made items in the Members classified i would like to sell a couple it not worth upgrading to maker for that or untill i can get the quality to match the rest of em I would upgrade to maker if i decide to make on a regular basis

however I havent heard back yet

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE