New 'Wild Food' book by Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fraz79

Sep 14, 2006
Sheffield, UK
Hello everyone.

Just stumbled across details that Ray will be releasing his own book about wild food next year (ISBN: 0340827904). Still early days so not many details yet, but I've seen 2 different dates for it's release, Jan & April 2007.

Should be good I'm sure! Here's the synopsis of it from Amazon:

"In WILD FOODS Ray Mears and Gordon Hillman lead us into the wildest parts of Britain to demonstrate the huge variety of indigenous foods that can be found. One of the most crucial skills to surviving in any wilderness is self-reliance - now, with this book, you can equip yourself with the knowledge to find tasty and sustaining foods in your own back yard and beyond. Practical, enthralling, often surprising, packed with beautiful illustrations, WILD FOODS is an invaluable tool for any keen outdoorsman, and it is a fascinating read anyone with an interest in the little-known side of Britain's natural resources. "​
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wild-Foods-Ray-Mears/dp/0340827904

Looks like it might be a book to accompany a new TV series of the same name:
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/ely/2006/04/28/94f44c98-3622-4b67-851c-913c04edc913.lpf

:D

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Thanks Fraz,

Odd that there's no mention of it on his webiste, but I'll look out for it in the new year.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
The Essential Guide to Rocks????

Thats a new one one me!

Like the fact we can all play 'spot the transition' where he miraculsly transports 1/2 way round the country! :lmao:

fraz79

Sep 14, 2006
Sheffield, UK
Amazon has now got the date as the 5th of April 2007. They have it for £13.20 pre-release too (34% off).

Still no more details on his own site though.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
My wife enquired at Borders bookshop about this recently. She was told that the publication date had been put back till May due to production difficulties. :(

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
when i was on the journyman this year gordan was telling us all about it it sounds brillant and if it has half of his knowledge then boyb its going to be a great book. gordan had just left ray in australia filming for the series I for one cant wait!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE