New wellies advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
The AIgle wellies that I got for my girlfriend about 8 years ago after seeing them recommended on this forum, are finally starting to leak a little.
The girlfriend loves them, they are the only wellies that she has ever been able to drive in due to them being so comfortable.
She has asked for some more for Xmas.
They are worn every day for dog walking in the forest when it's wet. Walks last about 2 hours, so they get plenty of wear.
I'm looking at AIgle Parcours 2 which are around £120 but would like the advice of the forum before I spend so much money.
Is there a better/cheaper alternative I should consider?
Thank you.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
The other half has tried both the hunters and muck boots and she prefers the muckboots with the neoprene upper.
I can drive fine in mine (she doesn't drive) but I'm used to driving in steelies/riggers where some people may struggle.

They are a little cheaper and maybe worth a look at?

jcr71

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2014
hampshire
I've seen Muck boots on my searches but have no experience of them. If anyone on here has used both them and AIgle I'd be interested to know their thoughts on how they compare.
I've heard that Hunter wellies are not as good as they once were and are overpriced for what you get these days. But again I have no experience of them personally.
Myself I'm quite happy with the £10 Dunlops I got from go outdoors years ago.

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
Ahh. Dunlop wellies. Still got mine as well and going strong. Best ones I ever had were hand me downs from my father who was a miner and used NCB issued wellies. No idea of the make.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I've got neoprene wellies like muck boots but a different brand and they are very comfortable. You can fold the top down when it's warmer or fold it up for a better fit or in warmer weather. Having said that though, getting wellies that fit well enough for longer walks can be a bit of a missions, so if you've found a brand and model that you know fit her, then I'd be tempted to stick to that, especially if you get another 8 years of use out of them.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I understand the desire to look at other options, but what does she think?
After 8 years she will have some brand affinity.

If you buy her the brand she wants and loves and the quality has dropped off that’s not your fault.

Going to something else they might be better. And you win, but if they aren’t …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I know you’ve just bought something, but for other people: There are also waterproof leather boots, like Dublin’s River boot that might be an option. (I’m sure there are others, but that’s the one I see advertised by the local farmers co-op all the time.)

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Had muck boots for about 4 years they where great the neo in the heel wore out and became uncomfortable. treated myself to aigle iso parcours 3 years in now still like new and miles more comfortable for me so definitely worth the extra money imo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE