New version of dutch clips - Loopalien

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The only beef I have with them is the threading of the loop through the hole, I can imagine it's a pain in cold weather with skinny cordage and numb fingers. At least with the Flyz and Stingerz it's just a simple wrapping motion, much easier with cold hands or mitts on.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
what cord do you use Mike for these knots

Used to be paracord. But now its something narrower. More akin to guylines, believe its called hammercord. I also have some 2mm dyneema throwline which everyone tells me knots shouldnt work on. Yet my tarbuck knots seem to work fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
yea thats the reason i ask. I switched to clips as i struggled to get good tension on my ridge with dyneema. Paracord is a doddle due to the stretch. Tell me more of this jimmy tarbuck knot

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
yea thats the reason i ask. I switched to clips as i struggled to get good tension on my ridge with dyneema. Paracord is a doddle due to the stretch. Tell me more of this jimmy tarbuck knot

It's like a prussik tied on the end of the loop - allows you to create guy ropes etc. without hardware. More turns can be added to add more security.

TarbuckKnot.jpg

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I get that but i prefer a taught line hitch for guys as its quick release and adjustable. The difficulty with thin dyneema is ridge line tension. the truckers hitch wont get it tight enough for my liking

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I get that but i prefer a taught line hitch for guys as its quick release and adjustable. The difficulty with thin dyneema is ridge line tension. the truckers hitch wont get it tight enough for my liking

Do you want to try a Flyz, I have some spares?

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
I guess I am also in the knot using group - I tension the line using an adjustable loop - a sliding larks head knot tied back on itself over the two tails - pull tails to tighten then a half knot or a bow knot to lock the loop - I have a foot or so adjustable loop tied on one end of the tarp ridge line then a loop in the longer line to the tree has the adjustable loop running through it

wrt the Dutchware Tarp Flyz - I used them for a while but got tired of how the tarp lines got tangled when stuffed in with the Tarp Flyz - this new device looks like it would be less of a problem with tangling the lines but I still don't like the idea of stuffing metal things in with my tarp

another plus for the LoopAlien is that it will work with a broader range of line sizes such as the 0.80 mm dyneema fishing line I use for tarp lines these days

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE