New tripod camping stool

As for the next season of hiking we thought of making some nice tripod stools. My wife took care of the leather part as i prepared the frame.
After the usual tests (two persons sitting on one stool) - we really don't want for someone to meet the ground unexpected we gave some of them to our friends and hunting mates.
The result was really satisfying for us.
Here are some details and some photos: 28 mm beech hardwood frame, stainless steel fittings and 3 mm chrome tanned cow leather.
Enjoy!

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Looks useful, even to sit in a museum to study items.

What were your thoughts in the decision for leg length?
I ask as beyond a certain low altitude, I might not be able to launch myself upright
without a cane for assistance.

@General Strike - i ordered them to a local stainless steel fittings supplier (the bad part is that it was necessary to buy a full set from each which was not too cheap :) ); maybe when i will put them into production it will all make sense.
@Robson Valley - when i decided prototype's height i made it quite high first and as i was sitting on it i adjusted it's legs; I am 1.8 m tall and i considered making it comfortable for me as this should also fit someone a little smaller/higher than myself covering a wide range of peoples this way.

Thanks for your comments and all the best to all!

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
Thank you all for your kind words, I reall appreciate this.
@TallTom - i am sorry but i am not sure what you are reffering to, if you do not mind to explain i would be glad to offer you an answer :D
Sorry, late reply.
I was referring to the quality of the photo. It looks very professional, I was wondering how you achieved such a white glare free background.

Sorry TallTom for my sooooo late reply - i was really busy indeed :)

First of all you need to use a box made of white paper which is placed into natural daylight, place the object in it and make the photo. One you have that image you can play a little bit with contrast in any entry level photo editor like microsoft office picture manager and thats all.

All the best!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE