New Travel Hammock Test.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Ok a bit of a cheat as the spot is only a few min walk away, but did need to add cord to the XL tarp and try out the new whoopie slings / soft shackles on the Travel hammock.

Ready for the off, eldest wanted to pack there own pack...

readyfortheoff.jpg

A bit of the walk

Photo-0168.jpg

Found a spot

ASpot.jpg

Set up - not the best but eldest wanted to be close.

Setup.jpg

Soft shackle.

whoopieandsoft2.jpg

If all goes well will pack up using the hammock sleeve and a newly made bishops bag.

If all goes well that is...:rolleyes:

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
If all goes well that is...:rolleyes:

Well all did not go to plan, but the new set up was OK but a few thinks to iron out.

Whoopie slings worked great got a fast level set up.

Soft shackle held out (that's the bit I was not shore of)

New guy lines were ok I did 4 lengths of 550 para cord with locked Brummel loops and just larks footed them to the tarp...Ok, but if the cord is hanked you cant remove the cord unless you unravel it all as the loops I did were to small. So new one made today with bigger loops.

The new XL tarp was a big plus when packing up this morning in the rain.

The New DD travel hammock was as expected spot on and the black mesh work very well

Photo from in side just after the sun went below the hills.

frominside.jpg

Hope to go farther a field next week end.

Dr Onion

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
By Yon Bonnie Banks
Hmmm... that XL tarp looks really good - I only have the 3x3 tarp atm and am looking to replace with a slightly larger one. That looks absolutely ideal.

Dr O

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Hmmm... that XL tarp looks really good - I only have the 3x3 tarp atm and am looking to replace with a slightly larger one. That looks absolutely ideal.

Dr O

Yep, I had not got the full benefits of it till Sun morning I had two sets of stuff under it an managed to pack in the dry at a relatively sedate pace.

All so its possible to close both ends and still keep a good size.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Good report. Can;t wait until I can get myself a new hammock and Tarp and take a nice light apporach to camping.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Good report. Can;t wait until I can get myself a new hammock and Tarp and take a nice light apporach to camping.

Hammocks are great (I have two) - but tent camping can be lighter, once you factor in the hammock, the suspension system and the tarp. Bivi bag and tarp is possibly your lightest option.

Dr Onion

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
By Yon Bonnie Banks
Yep, I had not got the full benefits of it till Sun morning I had two sets of stuff under it an managed to pack in the dry at a relatively sedate pace.

All so its possible to close both ends and still keep a good size.

Yeah, I think you've sold me on it - the 3x3 is ok but I really like the idea of some extra space - especially if the weather takes a turn for the worse!

Cheers

Dr O

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE