New to this life

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Hello from California. Holds up a BIG SIGN ‘ You are here X’
That’s as good a place as any to start.
You don’t have to get out the Cheque book quite yet. A few basics you probably have or can pick up to start. Everyone wants
THE KNIFE. You have more stringent laws. Be careful
BOOKS and online instruction on YOUTUBE; Kochanski, Mears
Meet people. You just did

Reactions: Daveyboy33i

Daveyboy33i

Mar 18, 2023
United Kingdom
Hello from California. Holds up a BIG SIGN ‘ You are here X’
That’s as good a place as any to start.
You don’t have to get out the Cheque book quite yet. A few basics you probably have or can pick up to start. Everyone wants
THE KNIFE. You have more stringent laws. Be careful
BOOKS and online instruction on YOUTUBE; Kochanski, Mears
Meet people. You just did
Thank you for your reply, I have ordered my first book, and intend to read it cover to cover when it arrives. The YouTube videos, are the instructional or are they just “look at what I made” - as I say I am very very new to this and I am sure there are a lot of false starts out there :)

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Welcome. YouTube videos are a good place to start aswell, Ray mears, Paul Kirtley, mors mochanski are the classics but there are good videos from MCQ, hidden valley etc aswell.

This forum is a superb resource, as are some books (by people mentioned above)

Where are you in the UK? The absolute best thing is to ask questions on here and to find some local groups/bushcrafters and learn around the camp fire :)

Reactions: Daveyboy33i

Daveyboy33i

Mar 18, 2023
United Kingdom
Welcome. YouTube videos are a good place to start aswell, Ray mears, Paul Kirtley, mors mochanski are the classics but there are good videos from MCQ, hidden valley etc aswell.

This forum is a superb resource, as are some books (by people mentioned above)

Where are you in the UK? The absolute best thing is to ask questions on here and to find some local groups/bushcrafters and learn around the camp fire :)
I am in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, so not the most rural of areas, I am happy to practice some of the things in my back garden, it’s not huge, but it’s an enclosed area that I can “get my hands dirty” so to speak and just learn the dexterity needed :)

Reactions: MrEd

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Hello!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE