New to the forum - camping locations in the NW

Aug 2, 2015
Cheshire
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, I do a bit of walking etc and fancy doing a bit of wild camping. Are bearing in mind the legalities are there any wilding camping friendly location around the North West area. I'm guessing most don't advertise as such, any other advise welcome.

Thanks

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hi there , I would advise you to consider coming to an Scotland where there are less restrictions. wild camping is permitted as long as you are prepared to consider the well being of the area where you camp and do not light fires Without the permission of the landowner, stoves are O. K . As long as you are on open ground, not fenced in and containing cattle or sheep etc., In fact if you choose an area that looks fairly wild, you should be O.K.
Consideration and care of the countryside are the main things to be taken into your choice of a camping site, and as long
as you are in small groups of one or two tents or tarps, and not likely to cause damage to the environment or disturb
local inhabitants. I hope that you have a pleasant camp, and do not fall foul of the law where ever you are. It is not always
easy to sis out local landowners, but if you get somewhere that is off the beaten track, you are likely not too be disturbed
you should be O.K.. Best of luck. Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE