New to me, "Archery battle"

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
[video=youtube;CkC1wxAaDjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CkC1wxAaDjM[/video]

Looks like it could be fun. Would depend on how well the arrows fly but looks like a laugh,.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
That looks like fun. :)

Here is the Hungarian equivalent...

[video=youtube;hF4jO540Fn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF4jO540Fn4[/video]

Turn the sound down and nip forward to 01.40 for the school, or 00.40 for unicycle archery which might make an interesting addition to the 'Archery Battle' in the OP. :)

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Looks like fun, only a matter of time before you can get paint marker arrows for paintball events

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
They look like SCA legal arrows. Having done something like this on the streets of St Albans, its great fun, although we weren't wearing face protection and they were the small red blunts :yikes:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Wonder what it would be like being shot with one of those out of one of my heavy bows, 70lb or so :yikes:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
yeah, I wonder :stretcher:

I thought about blunts but even they're going to hurt as they're not really padded, just softer :D
if blunts would work that would be great at 50p each :D

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Taking a bow with me to the woods this weekend. Will take a blunt or two and see what damage they do to various things, I imagine pretty horrific! They are used for hunting after all.
I am taking my nephew too so so will see if he wants to volunteer for human trials :)

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Being told to take my armoured gauntlets off as they looked too martial for a non-combatant I scurried for arrows at the Battle of Tewkesbury and got hit on the hand by a blunt which hurt and bruised. People have lost eyes to blunts. We do shoot directly at an advancing shield wall at one show but it is controlled.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
seen this sort of thing at LARP events - couldn't get into the whole fantsay thing myself but the combat was entertaining stuff :D

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Your blunts must be different to my blunts . . .

I used to use 'blunts' for hunting in Australia. A bit like a field point but with a perfectly flat end, same weight. They were lethal on anything up to fox size. Even out of a 22lb bow they would kill a rabbit.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Your blunts must be different to my blunts . . .

I used to use 'blunts' for hunting in Australia. A bit like a field point but with a perfectly flat end, same weight. They were lethal on anything up to fox size. Even out of a 22lb bow they would kill a rabbit.

Think I was getting confused here too. I use spent 38 shells with a bit of lead in the end. Very lethal.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, there's hunting blunts, taking out birds etc and then there's the rubber blunts that go over tips, then there's the really padded blunts that are fine to shoot people with and not go to jail...Umm, well, as long as they say it's ok :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE