new spot ideas derbyshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
evening all
looking for a new quiet spot to spend a couple of nights around derbyshire, and dont worry if its your local spot i wont be pinching it!
any ideas
ash

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
tell me about it everywere seems to keep getting busier all the time, makes you wonder if our favorite pastime will still be possible in years to come.
do you normaly venture further a field mate

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Normally, when I've tried to camp in your neck of the woods I've been met by ramblers (everywhere) or drunken yobs. I'd suggest Shining Cliff woods; it costs a few quid a night, but it's reasonable enough.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Try Spikewinter Scout Campsite

spitewinter scout site's not too bad a bet, we used to hold meets there until recently, so they understand bushcraft type camping. using the site for a night or two shouldn't be a problem as long as there's no-one else on site, it's trickier when they've got cubs/scouts on site. i'd tell you the phone number for the lady to speak to about booking (chris lugg) but i've knackered my phone today so don't have it. just google "spitewinter scouts"

stuart

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
ye shining cliffs a nice spot but to camp officialy there a million and one rules, if you just want to pitch and sleep then its fine but if you want to get out the way build a shelter maybe or have a fire not in a designated pit its no good. its more of a way to keep tabs on whos there than welcoming bushcrafters
cheers though

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
There's a few nice places up near Ashover and milltown if you can find a friendly farmer

that's where i live, and yes there are some nice spots. the land around fabrik (ashover rock) is council owned these days and i've never had any trouble with stealthy camping up there, that said it's absolutely crawling with tourists at this time of year

stuart

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
that's where i live, and yes there are some nice spots. the land around fabrik (ashover rock) is council owned these days and i've never had any trouble with stealthy camping up there, that said it's absolutely crawling with tourists at this time of year

stuart

Are you a native? I grew up in Tupton and Wingerworth. Now I'm in York and it's as flat as a pancake I really miss the place.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Cheers Roger.
I pass the place most days and I've always wondered what it's like.

Its a great campsite and great for Cubs. I let mine climb trees and open fires are allowed its just they must be on the raised stone/concrete plinths. Good wooded ares for bivouacing and hammocking - but weekends Scouts / Guides use it and mid week its used by school parties.

I'd still say spikewinter is your best bet

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Are you a native? I grew up in Tupton and Wingerworth. Now I'm in York and it's as flat as a pancake I really miss the place.

pretty native mate, i grew up in north wingfield/pilsley/clay cross, my brother still lives on hepthorne lane, small world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE