New sleeping bag

Pang

Forager
Sep 8, 2007
london
what do you mean by a tad more extreme then you need? If you mean by temp then it's always better to get the ones with a lower comfort temp then the temperature you expecting, it's always better to be hot then freezing. From my previous experience that is

Nightingale

Jan 5, 2009
Denmark
It sure is. But the firewalker 1 and the SH600 is nearly the same sleeping bag stat vise isn't it?
But the Firewalker is around 40 £ cheaper. Due I have to ship the SH600 to denmark.

Nightingale

Jan 5, 2009
Denmark
Since you recommend the SH600.

The Firewalker 1 has nearly same stats, but I spare nearly 40 £. Is the extra 2 degree that worth?

Jiffy

Jun 28, 2008
Edinburgh
I think you might be getting a wee bit confused by the way Mountain Equipment list the temperature rating. The lower figure on their "sleep zone" of -3c is NOT the comfort rating. The bag actually has a comfort rating of +10c, according to this site:
http://www.joe-brown.com/outdoor-eq...ing-bags/mountain-equipment-firewalker-1.html

So, the difference between that and the Alpkit bag is more like 15 degrees than 2!

PS: Go for the Alpkit!

Nightingale

Jan 5, 2009
Denmark
I can see that most people advise alpkit. But my problem is that I have to spent like 30 £ to get the sleeping bag to Denmark. I have to find a store which is cheaper or something.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
But my problem is that I have to spent like 30 £ to get the sleeping bag to Denmark.

30£? Delivery to Sweden was 15£ (for a LOT of gear) last week and delivery to Belgium was 8£ last year, so to Denmark it should be something in between unless they raised their shipping cost?
Might still be too much to your likings though...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE