New sheath

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I've just finished another sheath, its for my Helle Futura its made from 3mm veg tanned leather, epoxyed and stitched with waxed thread. It has a large belt loop to allow for movement when sitting, it will take a belt size of 3 1/2 inches. Dyed dark brown and wax finished, After applying the wax I heated it with a hair dryer to melt the wax into the leather which has given it a nice finish and given it solid feel.
I am really pleased with this one and it will now be my main knife as I really like the Helle as a user.

100_4822.jpg

100_4824.jpg

100_4825.jpg

Hope you like it.

Simon.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice work,

The Futura was my first real bushy knife and it was a lovely one at that.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice work,

The Futura was my first real bushy knife and it was a lovely one at that.

Cheers dwardo. It was my first knife also, and I just keep going back to it over my other knives, and I have a few:D

Very nice Soar, how did you get on with the groover and did you not fancy wet moulding?

thanks Woodsmoke, I found the groover fine to use, really good tool to have. I've done other sheaths for other knives and have wet moulded a few, this one I never really thought of wet moulding. Its a good tight fit and as the sheath has stiffened up a bit it holds the knife well.

Simon.

WilS

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2008
North Wales
That is a really, really nice sheath. Can I ask what wax blend you prefer? Its a great looking finish.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks Topknot for the kind words. WilS, I used a wax that I have got for treating and waterproofing my boots as it is the only wax I had left, I've used it before on leatherwork and it works ok, I've never heated it with the hairdryer before though, worked quite well.

Simon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE