New rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dciburnside35

Mar 28, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi all, I need a new rucksack and my karrimor sf predator 45 which i bought real cheap isn't for me. Been using it for a year now only for fishing about 100 yards from my car. Personally the whole molle everywhere, military look isn't for me. I've got nothing against anyone who likes that it's just I prefer a more traditional style. The bags I like are by frost river but don't know if it's the right choice and wondered whether anyone knows of similar canvas/traditional bags which would be perfect. Any help would be great as I'm still a new to bushcraft so any advice is good advice the way I see it, cheers all.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I have a spare men's Berghaus Freeflow 35+5 which is a serious hiking/walking pack of that's of any interest?

I have an old canvas Italian Army pack which covers that "look" but in terms of usefulness the Berghaus is a brilliant walking/ overnight pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I have the Norwegian Telemark pack, and an Italian alpini pack, and I rate them both. But for something longer than a one or two nighter you need to be looking at 70ltrs plus.
( I can hear the ultra lighters hackles rising from here. :) ) Have a look at the Swedish LK 70, or a Berghaus Vulcan. It all comes down to preference and the amount of kit you want to carry. Have fun looking.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Swedish LK35.
emoticon-00115-inlove.gif

Last edited:

dciburnside35

Mar 28, 2016
United Kingdom
Yeh that thought had crossed my mind as making my own would give me the chance to copy all the features of other bags into one which would suit me more, plus sometimes customised gear beats the hell out of off the shelf bought. Wonder where I can get the right materials, gunna do some research me feels.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
It's this one but it's not seriously a contender for a trade. Only worth a fraction of your second hand Karrimor.

b2aaf7b0a6639b9dd402fddb089ca899.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dciburnside35

Mar 28, 2016
United Kingdom
I think I'm going to go with the sabre 60/100. Best of 2 sizes with a back I can adjust for my size. It's a hard choice up against fjallraven, bach,granite gear and many others but I know from the predator that the karrimor bags are so tough there hard to beat at the price. Hope its the right choice......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE