New rental homes, need your opinions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Visla's post on rent or own has stirred me to ask for you opinion. Let me explain. Within a year we will be moing back to the UK and plan to build an apartment complex from the ground up. these will be all one level, no high rise at all and really would like your feedback on this as in, is it the right time? economy isn't right, too expensive etc.

Here's what each home will be/have.

Gated community for privacy/security with no annoying door to door salemen, canvassers etc.
2400 sqft. 3 bed with en-suite master separate tub shower and double sinks. The other two bedrooms will have a shared Jack-and-Jill bath with access from each bedroom 800 sqft master, 800 sqft great room/dining/kitchen, Jack/Jill and other bedrooms 400 sqft each.
Large walk in closet in master and smaller walk ins in the other bedrooms.
Privale walled back garden for each home landscaped at the sides with plenty of open lawn in the middle.
A large front porch big enough for a patio set, Each home will have fingerprint locks so no keys to loose, Video entry at the gate and each front door.
Underfloor heating by either hot water or electric pads. Solar panels on each roof to reduce power needs from the grid. Triple glazed windows, Best available sound insulation/Fire break between homes. Laundry area in the kitchen/dining room, walk in kitchen pantry. Each home will have a charging point for electric cars.

After crunching some numbers we've come up with a rent of 2,000GBP pcm. Is this too much for what you're getting? is the economy strong enough yet?

All question we can't answer from over here that's why I'm asking for you insights, good or bad. Basically we need to know if we can make this happen as a large chunk of our retirement will be going into this.

Thanks in advance,
Mal & Deb.

**EDIT**
Forgot to mention the location. We're considering Kent, Sussex, Surrey, etc..somewhere in commuting distance to London.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE