New Ray Mears.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

backwoodsman

Nomad
Jan 22, 2007
lincolshire
well a great new show, he seems human again, a genuine interest in the people he is talking to, one series l felt he didnt seem very enthusiastic.
The wife pointed out 2 things though.
were his snow shoes on back to front near the beginning?
And is he doing some clever product placement with his swazi lol....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
well I thought it started okay but then I zoned out as the film crew started all their nature stuff as usual. very pretty but kinda numbs the brain. I guess I'll have to give it the BG treatment and watch it again at different speeds to get the benefit of what he has to say. I lost it when one minute he was laying down a rucksack then the next was lighting a stove

I think they try to please too many people and dilute the message, just like BG again I guess.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I wish he would do a more instructional series. Also, a Canadian bushcraft series without a mention of Mors Kochanski will be a bit odd.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I enjoyed the TV show.
Went to one of his talks and it was more 'dense' and historical. I thought the TV show would be similar, and I'm glad that it wasn't so (if I want history I prefer a book, and a primary source at that. But that's me).
I also prefer more 'instructional' stuff, and demonstrations. But I don't mind if that's done in a historical context.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Yeah, I run VPNs from both my home and office to my colocation facility here in SF (I'm in tech...). However, I don't have a host in the UK within whom I can establish a VPN connection.

But, I've got some friends who run companies in London, so perhaps I can convince them to let me connect to their VPNs for this purpose... I'll shoot off some emails...

I hadn't thought of doing it via VPN, thanks for the idea!

Or you can use a UK based proxy server.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
I wish he would do a more instructional series. Also, a Canadian bushcraft series without a mention of Mors Kochanski will be a bit odd.

doesnt want to get shown up - mind you a mors kochanski series would be a nightmare to edit with the way he switches about and rambles off for 20 mnins before coming back to the exact point he deviated.

had it on again this evening with the repeat and cant say anything made me want to sit down. probably a good wildlife documentary though which would make sense as it comes out of the bristol unit

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Mart, whats the quality like on a PS3? might save me taking in a laptop in on my night shifts for those 'quiet' moments (like now, 02:59 and eleven patients all sleeping like babies )

Hi Rick. Ps3 plays DVD plus Blu Ray Disks so the quality is not an issue.
BBC I player on Ps3 is good. Although It can be jerky at certain times of the day, it depends on how good your internet conection is really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mart - you can download from a Sky+ box (sorry I'm a little late with this info, since rik has already mentioned it!). Although I don't have Sky, a bloke came into the shop where I work part time (in Audio/TV) and wanted a DVD recorder, because Sky+ has a 'record to external' facility, presumably via a scart. He bought one of these -

I'm gonna look into that mate, thanks.

Regards, Mart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE