New mini trangia holder

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
just saying, as people are always on about titanium cups, not mugs, cups. But a civvy trangia with anything under 5 inches is suicide anyway from an economy point of view. Don't know about an army trangia, it looks smaller.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
thats a funky little doodad, i recently bought a folding firebox nano for much of the same use...can take a 400ml cup and a trangia burner, plus hexy and (obviously) biomass fuels

this one is half the weight of even the ti firebox though if you just wanted it for meths or hexy

Aug 21, 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
... a civvy trangia with anything under 5 inches is suicide anyway from an economy point of view. Don't know about an army trangia, it looks smaller.

Exactly. I don't get it either. Using the Trangia burner with narrow pots of any kind will make a lot of high flames up and away from the pot. One needs the confined space inside the Trangia 25 or 27 set to make all the heat go in to the pot.

I really like to find a optimal solution for using the very reliable and sturdy Trangia burn with something that packs small. Haven't found anything yet, and this product seems like every other thing out there. Haven't tried the click stand with windscreen, though...

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Haven't tried the click stand with windscreen, though...

I think the ClikStand is the optimal solution. With the windscreen you have something like a Trangia storm cooker, and it really will work even in the wind. I like the look of this, but I agree you shouldn't really be thinking of using small pots with a Trangia burner as your main setup.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Exactly. I don't get it either. Using the Trangia burner with narrow pots of any kind will make a lot of high flames up and away from the pot. One needs the confined space inside the Trangia 25 or 27 set to make all the heat go in to the pot.

I really like to find a optimal solution for using the very reliable and sturdy Trangia burn with something that packs small. Haven't found anything yet, and this product seems like every other thing out there. Haven't tried the click stand with windscreen, though...
A couple of trivets and a 250g 10 piece folding windshield. It packs upsmall but is probably as heavy as a trangia.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE