New Light & Some Spring Photos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A friend of mine found a type of light he really likes a while back and he just gifted me one. I played with it some and I see why he likes them so much. I wanted to experiment some more with lighting and shutter speeds so I rode over to a friend's office for a while this afternoon. Kim is a massage therapist who is into flowers so the three acres of field behind her office is really coming to life right now. I thought that should be a good place to study lighting and shading. I even got a royal reception

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

I think spring has definitely arrived.

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

I walked down to the creek where her fire pit is and hung out for a while listening to the babble of the brook, rearranging some gear, messing with the new light, and enjoying the peace and quiet.

IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

This is looking back up from the creek, my trucks in this picture too....sort of center-left.

IMG_3544.jpg

The light is a "Black Crater, Hyper-bright Cord Lock" LED light from Photon light dot com, and this is how it comes, in a little blister pack. If you get one make sure you read the info on the invoice about it being shipped in a protective "demo mode" and how to un-do that.

IMG_3532.jpg

It's not very big at all.

IMG_3441.jpg

But the opening is large enough to easily slide doubled paracord through.

IMG_3446.jpg

I at first put it on a section of paracord already on the pack just to see how it worked. It has three different modes, low, high, and flash. I could tell it's a pretty bright little light even out in the bright sunlight. Here it's off.

IMG_3455.jpg

Low

IMG_3453.jpg

High

IMG_3454.jpg

Later on I cut another piece of paracord and put it on the shoulder strap of my pack.

IMG_3572.jpg

Then tonight I learned I really do like the light, to be so small it does give a lot of light. I think I am going to get a few more.

IMG_3576.jpg

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Beautiful pictures as always MW. Oh to have three acres! I have a typical UK pocket-hankerchief garden in comparison!

The light? Silly small and utterly brilliant (pun intended - sorry about that).

I can imagine it on a draw string bag of vital bits and bobs. You leave things a bit too late and need to rumage in the bag... voila the toggle lights up to look into the pouch!

I know you're not interested in price as it was a gift but for those of us in the UK the best price I can find in a quick search is:
http://www.burls.co.uk/shop/cordlock-led-light-p-645.html

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE