new knife!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
doh :( i managed to lose my frosts clipper today. which is really annoying. It fell out of the sheath which was quite disapointing. I need a new knife, and im not gonna buy anything expensive cause im the kind of person who woiuld break or lose it within a day of getting it :confused: Im thinking of buyin the swedish army issue one of strikeforce for £8??? however i would really like something with a better sheath.
any ideas??
cheers,
alex

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Odin,
I'd really reccommend a Nordic kit from www.Brisa.com , I made one recently and it just fantastic. You can tailor the handle to suit your exact hand shape and the blade can be made scary sharp. It comes with a ready made sheath which you can dye to whatever colour you want and all for about £25 depending on the Euro exchange rate. In fact I bought two, one of which was a practice and a gift for a mate, who was also overjoyed at recieving it.

Ogri the trog

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
ye, ive seen those before, but the truouble is i need it within a week as im goin on holiday???? But they do look very good, and i may buy one at some point

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Attleborough will do you another clipper cheap and fast, as I'm sure the other suppliers regularly mentioned will do. For a bit more JLS will do you a traditional puuko with a nice leather dangler sheath. No guard on this knife though.

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
thanks for the suggestions!! does attelbourough have good service? waht do you think of the BRUSLETTO SPEIDERKNIV “THE SCOUT’S KNIFE” which is on there? do know anyone that has used it?
cheers,
alex

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
odin13 said:
thanks for the suggestions!! does attelbourough have good service? waht do you think of the BRUSLETTO SPEIDERKNIV “THE SCOUT’S KNIFE” which is on there? do know anyone that has used it?
cheers,
alex

Alex,
i've been deaing with Attlebourough for a few years. great service, and fast delivey to ireland, so should be even better if your "local".

Brixton

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 3, 2005
Check out
http://www.countrytrader.co.uk/main.htm
I bought their 'deluxe knife' for £20.00
I must admit that I've attacked it with an angle grinder for two reasons
1 to lose a bit of the brass thing that keeps your hand off the blade
2 To smooth off the back a bit on one side so it's smoother on my pinkies when using my fire steel

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
thanks for all these suggestions, but now ive decided its between the brusletto "scouts knife", the mora frost clipper, and the Frost's 780.
What do you think? i cant decide, and also does the clipper on attelbourough come in green, not being picky, but i cant stand the blue one, just looks like a kitchen knife.
cheers,
alex

Moine

Forager
I used to lose all of my knives... and a girlfriend of mine told me to give my new knife a name. This was supposed to make me think of my knife and never lose it anymore.

I must admit I was quite skeptical, but tried nevertheless, just for the fun of it. I named the blade "Bob". Bob and I are still going out in the bush those days... I've lost many other ones, but I've never lost that one. Weird huh ? :)

As far as clippers are concerned, you might want to check out how their tangs are made before you buy ;)

James from outdoors-magazine posted that one on my forum. I thought I'd relay :) -- Originally from oldjimbo.

JM_mora_xray.jpg

http://oldjimbo.com/pics/mora_xray.jpg

#1 Frosts #780 Craftsman

#2 Frosts #840 Clipper

#3 Eriksson #711

#4 Eriksson Mora 2000

#5 Eriksson #510

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
As someone who has abused, and seen them beeing abused, more Frost knifes than you can shake a stick at; I'll say that the risk of breaking the plastic handle is slim, very slim.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Moine said:
I used to lose all of my knives... and a girlfriend of mine told me to give my new knife a name. This was supposed to make me think of my knife and never lose it anymore.

I must admit I was quite skeptical, but tried nevertheless, just for the fun of it. I named the blade "Bob". Bob and I are still going out in the bush those days... I've lost many other ones, but I've never lost that one. Weird huh ? :)

As far as clippers are concerned, you might want to check out how their tangs are made before you buy ;)

James from outdoors-magazine posted that one on my forum. I thought I'd relay :) -- Originally from oldjimbo.

JM_mora_xray.jpg

http://oldjimbo.com/pics/mora_xray.jpg

#1 Frosts #780 Craftsman

#2 Frosts #840 Clipper

#3 Eriksson #711

#4 Eriksson Mora 2000

#5 Eriksson #510

The tang on knife #3 is the same sort as that on my whittling knife. It is held in place with a spring tube thingy. Bugger to get the knife out of the handle unless you have a decent vice mounted on a decent table and a decent hammer and a decent drift or punch!

I'm still not sure how to rehandle the little whittler, which is now very shiny after grinding and polishing, and I've found that the handle end of the blade edge is toothed, dodgy manufacturing no doubt. It only cost a few quid but I'd like it to be a straight edge, so it looks like I'll have to regrind the edge completely!

AUSSIE

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2004
Rejoice! Mate Rejoice! If you can't afford to lose em or break em then you can't afford em!! Buy half a dozen Frosts Swedish Army Knives and you will have all the neccessary redundancy you need for outdoor survival and bushcraft! Just imagine if it was a wanky $300 Woodlore or something!! :rolleyes: IMHO Packing all your eggs in one knife sheath is really dumb!! While I'm on the subject of loss / damage of critical items, Ferro Firesteels which I have been using for years are affected by moisture, oxidisation, salt, sweat, blood, acidic substances such as those found in some leathers etc!! So for the life of me I cannot imagine putting something so important in such a vulnerable position as an open leather sleeve on a knife sheath! Neck carry fine enough, but on your belt!! :eek: I understand that we may think this to be a handy, convenient, easy to reach location but guys really how frequently are you going to use your firesteel in one day that it justifies being stored in such a vulnerable location?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE