New kit !

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
got a lovely lump sum off the college for working hard today ! (20 years old).

what to spend it on :p any suggestions for new gear,

dont reply if your going to moan about young people getting money for going to college ! i will argue till blue in the face, you have been warned :lmao:

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
ermm not alot any more lantern broke knife just broken axe on its way out need a new tarp torn between the tw and dd 3x3 need new bag but want some thing cool for out in the back land

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
ermm not alot any more lantern broke knife just broken axe on its way out need a new tarp torn between the tw and dd 3x3 need new bag but want some thing cool for out in the back land

How about a book about punctuation... :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales

How about Lantern, Knife, Axe, 3X3 tarp (TW or DD) and maybe a bag for out in the backland?.............Just a suggestion :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Book on how to look after your kit so it doesn't break? :)

Seriously, these sorts of windfalls are perfect opportunities to replace old kit. Best way to determine what you need, is to go outside and do whatever it is you like to do (walk, camp, etc), and when you find yourself thinking "Hmm, I could do with a ...." then you have answered your question about what you need to buy.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Seriously, these sorts of windfalls are perfect opportunities to replace old kit. Best way to determine what you need, is to go outside and do whatever it is you like to do (walk, camp, etc), and when you find yourself thinking "Hmm, I could do with a ...." then you have answered your question about what you need to buy.

What he said ^^^^

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I have a very rare primus stove going for about a grand ! Magic beans sir ? Dragon teeth maybe.

daintcha make a list.

As for a gizmo, for me infra red Night vision goggles , but I wouldn't be carrying them on trips away.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
Ive never used any underquilt or insulation on my hammock and always been warm. I use the dd scout and a 30£ sleeping bag from argos which has seen many winters. Kept me warm in -7 before. Goes to show cheap kit is just as good !

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Rab Infinity down jacket, mammut 3 layer waterproof jacket & softy 12 sleeping bag, gortex bivy bag & 3x3 tarp...:) should do for now mate...;)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
In all seriousness, at your age, and given what you had described, I would suggest that your first purchase is a new tarp. Either the DD 3m x 3m you mention, or my personal preference - DPM UK basha. These are available from Strike Force Supplies[1]. With your shiny new basha, I would suggest you also treated yourself to a copy of Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett. Head out into the woods, stick your basha up and, curl up in the snug shelter and have a read.

Once you've done this, if you have money left over, go wild on the other shinies you mentioned.

J

[1] No connection, just a happy customer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE