New jackets and a re-shape

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Not had much time to make recently, but as I've moved on some blades recently I thought I'd swap my main user (enzo traper) for one I made a while back. Its one I forged out of an old rasp. It was a bit bulky originally so the handles been re-worked and a new edge ground on. I love the birch bark spacers when they are all cleaned up. The rest is leather, brass, birch burr and Sycamore if I remember rightly, all foraged in the woods or from bits of scrap.

Its been a tad chilly of late so i made it and another old knife a new sheath. Sorry about the picture quality.

Image00003.jpg

Image00001.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Looking forward to making some new Scandi Knives soon.

Addo :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Lovely work Paul, I really like the contrast in the light sycamore against the darker birch bark and burr. Looking forward to seeing more knives when you get round to it! How's the fam doing? Hope you have plenty of wood stored to keep them warm, reckon winter will kick in soon. No wonder you haven't had much workshop time recently!

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks for the great comments guys, glad you like them.

Hi Chad, Yes mate I've been a bit busy with the family who are doing well thanks, and theres plenty of wood in for the fire, this shelters around 2 Meters deep :)

100_3121.jpg

Ive got half this again in another shelter and a load to chop up too :)

Last edited:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks again :)

Hope I can keep on finding the wood and filling the shelters every year. I'm starting to feel old now with the night time baby feeds all over again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE