new jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i have been looking for a new jacket. at the moment i use a british army 95 jacket which i like but i would like something more windproof and waterproof. i was thinking of getting a sas smock but now iv found this:
Dutch Gortex Pile Lined Parka
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/prod5.asp?prod_id=8169&id=189&grpid=8169&msg=&offset=
it has zip in gortex and flece liners so it would be good for summer and winter. has anyboody used one and would you recomend it? it seems verry cheep especialy compared with some of the latest sas smocks.

the liners are not zipped in but fastened withd buttons. When wet the jacket is becomes heavy cause the outer shell is cotton and will be totally soaked. I have worn these in the service. The new ones are much better, and all goretex, No warm liner but a fleece can be worn seperate.

Best regards,

penvisser

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
i have been looking for a new jacket. at the moment i use a british army 95 jacket which i like but i would like something more windproof and waterproof. i was thinking of getting a sas smock but now iv found this:
Dutch Gortex Pile Lined Parka
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/prod5.asp?prod_id=8169&id=189&grpid=8169&msg=&offset=
it has zip in gortex and flece liners so it would be good for summer and winter. has anyboody used one and would you recomend it? it seems verry cheep especialy compared with some of the latest sas smocks.

Hi Ya,

Ive got a SAS Artic windproof smock and trousers for swapsies or to sell, if your interested ?

Cheers,

Paul

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
When wet the jacket is becomes heavy cause the outer shell is cotton and will be totally soaked

would it be any heavier than the jacket iv already got when wet? because i think an outer shell is better because its alot harder wearing and it would protect the gortex.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
hope you dont mind me answering. Coming from a mountaineering background most of my stuff is gtx or similar. Gtx liners aint no good unless they are actually bonded to the outer layer. Why pay all that money when the outer jacket is gonna get totally sodden.Because of this effect the gtx will no longer work as the outer is totally sodden and the gtx will not be able to breath. Proper gtx jackets great, gtx liners, no good.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
reely helpful i didnt know that gortex only worked like that. i think ill just hang onto my 95 jacket for the moment

thanks guyes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE