Fjallraven skogso padded jacket

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Suffolkrafter

Forager
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
I was lucky enough to get a fjallraven skogso jacket for Christmas and having worn it regularly since, I thought it would be worth posting a review of it.

I've always been a beleiver in a modular system such as down jacket + gortex shell (or equivalents), which does me for town, bushcraft, mountaineering, backpacking etc. So this new insulated, parka style jacket is a departure for me.

My first impression on on unpacking it was of was of sheer quality. It feels robust, well insulated yet not overly heavy. It has a bit of bulk and weight to it but I don't really notice this once I have it on. I'm six foot one and in the large size it feels roomy, the arms a little too long. But in the mirror it looks good. Smart but not overstated. Well fitting but not particularly fitted as such.

On zipping it up, what I love - and what I've missed in previous jackets - is the collar rising up to easily cover my chin, while the lower hem sits on my thighs. And the hood is big, but cinches down tight. Plenty of pockets too. I can distribute hat, gloves and scarf easily without bulging in odd places.

So how does it perform? I wore it to a bushcraft course a couple of weekends back with the temperature around freezing. I did have a down waistcoat underneath, and I could stand around doing nothing quite comfortably. It seems to fend off showers without difficulty. It is simply a pleasure to wear.

I've not worn my down jacket or gortex shell since. Although in the warmer months the fjallraven will take shelter in the wardrobe until winter. I probably wouldn't wear the fjallraven on a back packing trip where space is at a premium, because it does not pack down small. However, on a walk up some of British hills in winter conditions... I might well give it a go as an alternative to my previous modular system; reason being, I genuinely enjoy wearing it.

I highly recommend.

Last edited:

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.