New Handcarved Firepiston with Tinder Keep.

Pele's Fire

Feb 5, 2006
Hawaii
Hi All,

I am brand new to this forum & just wanted to rave (Brag) a little about the most beautiful water buffalo horn piston I have ever seen made for me by Firemaker on this forum or Darrel. dare37 on Ebay.
Yes like most of you I got my first piston from Jeff Wagner & a fine piston it is I did have to wait for about 5 months at the time before I received it but it does work well & is very nice.
I found Darrel on Ebay where he sells alot of his pistons among othe things under D& B Primitive Forgeworks. I got one of his water buffalo firepistons with an "O" ring installed. All I have to say is WOW! but that is a different piston. I will let the piston he recently made me speak for itself in the pictures but I asked Darrel to use his imagination & what he came up with is a beautiful Celtic Snake that he handcarved that wraps all around the piston with the tail curling on the bottom it also has alot of filework on it.with a matching water buffalo tinder keep,
he put two O rings on it for I suppose overkill. I know some of you are purists that say thats not right with an O ring all I can say is if the primitive people had their choice they would choose the durability, ease of maintenance & replacement & sheer compression power of the O ring hands down!
He really undervalues his own work too with prices like his they might as well be made in Indonesia :D
I hear that Darrel has come up with a Super Piston that utilizes either or both the O ring & string for extreme compression.

Look at my pics & feel free to comment but if you are looking for a superior piston that is also a work of art look no further than Firemaker or dare37 on Ebay.P.S the knife is also made by Darrel along with the sheath.

Firepistonknife007.jpg

Firepistonknife008.jpg

Firepistonknife008.jpg

Firepistonknife009.jpg

Firepistonknife002.jpg

Firepistonknife001.jpg

Pele's Fire

Feb 5, 2006
Hawaii
Thanks Ed! The beauty of it is only half since it works like a champ too with both Chaga & Charcloth. Here in Hawaii thats all I have been able to try it out with so far.

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
Thank you for the compliment. I am glad to see you recieved it and hear that you liked it. I hope that it provides you with many good years of service. I am working on the next one for you!
Thanks again,
Darrel~~firemaker

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE