New Frontier Plus Stove - unboxing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
[video=youtube_share;PzgwAuM9xZE]https://youtu.be/PzgwAuM9xZE[/video]

Got my new frontier plus stove on Thursday, so I set it up and had a play.

Any questions let me know. Fairly pleased with it (quality control issues aside) looks like it'll be a lovely addition to my glamping.

Whilst Frontier stoves have been used in bell tents etc, most bell tent companies don't recommend them (though some actively sold them).

The benefit of this stove is the 4" wide chimney, spark arrestor, low profile and bigger cooking surface (suitable for two pans). It also has a window to provide you with some bushcraft TV away from the elements. The stove itself is slightly bigger than the original frontier to allow the larger chimney sections. I believe it's also slightly thicker and heavier.

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I wouldn't have thought so baggins - the hole is bigger to get the pipes out I think!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I think the benefit of the frontier is the fact everything fits inside for easy carrying. I don't know if you'd be able to achieve that level of precision in a DIY job as everything literally just fits and at a good weight.

I'm just looking forward to actually going out and using it now, though it's likely to be the summer at the moment!

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
No, i'd agree, but i already have a frontier, so it would only be a door mod. And, with the extra 2 tipi chimney sleeves, it doesn't all fit inside anyway. but as we generally car camp, it's not an issue, and the tent is so toasty warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE