tentipi safir 9 and frontier stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Folks,
i recently bought a ten tipi safer 9cp off a member and want to get a frontier stove for it. Does anybody already have this set up?
i could do with knowing how many extra flue sections i need, i've worked it out at 2+ the spark arrestor (making a total of 7 sections).
Also, as frontier don't do a cowl for tipis (only one where i have to cut a hole in the fabric :eek:) will wrapping the flue sections in exhaust heat shield tape do the job of protecting the fabric around the cap. don't really fancy paying £45 for the tamarack version.
Any tips would be really great.

Cheers
Baggins

Anevay

Sep 3, 2014
Cornwall
www.anevay.co.uk
Hi Baggins

Really pleased to hear you have a Frontier stove for your Safir 9.
We do make Tipi sleeves now, these are the same length as the normal flue sections.
http://anevay.co.uk/stove-accessories/frontier-stove-tipi-sleeve.html

I believe your tent is 3m 10 high and the standard height of the stove and flues is 2m 41.
So you would need 1 extra flue section and 1 Tipi sleeve + spark arrestor.

There is a slight chance that you might need 2 tipi sleeves instead of one and a flue, depending on where the flue port sits on the flue.

I hope this helps, please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Have a great dat!

Lyssa

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Folks,
Just resurrecting this thread as, eventually, we now have a frontier stove. As per my original question i ordered 2 of the tipi sleeves and they fit perfectly. 1 would not be enough for the 9 size tentipis and, after 70mph winds, i can seriously say, that the sleeves work very well.
As an aside, i have added a 1m length of chain connecting to the spark arrestor at one end, threading through the sleeves and then connecting to the tipi pole. this serves to, a; stop the spark arrestor blowing off (yup, we lost ours last sat while camping up at Applecross in Scotland, during the 70mph aforementioned winds), b; the chain keeps the chimney more upright so reducing any incoming rain through the chimney hole.
Over all, really happy with the frontier stove and the added sleeves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE