New fjallraven numbers overpriced!?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
Rare but I'm actually going to agree with Rik here. I wear Dickies, Timberland and Carhartt in the woods and Dickies is right up there but way cheaper than Carhartt. They're a nice brown for woodland use as well and cheap as chips at Walmart in Canada...

I get my Carhartt gear from these, no problem shipping international and exceptional service http://www.gemplers.com/
Prices far better than the U.K, they usually have special offers on the go, and you can get decent sizes too.
The double fronted logger pants are my favourites and last for ages.

I do like to try to source local gear but euro size gear is generally a bit small for me.

BTW I do own a Fjallraven jacket (impulse buy) but IMO they are just not worth the money, not that well made, not water resistant and pretty flimsy material, my Russian surplus cold weather coat is a far better jacket for a small fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Well - anyone who wears a baseball cap gets what they deserve! Horrid nasty things! :)
I wear my 5.11 not just for the woods but nearly all the time - at work for Mencap, general day to day wear, in the woods for fun and when in the woods for pay.
Smart, tough, practical and comfortable - other than clothing I make myself nothing gets more all round wear than my 5.11s!
When it turns into yet another "fashion" label then I will have to find a better one again!
I get 5.11 for free, even if you pay they are great value. I like the shirts, casual trousers and jackets, for cargo type I find the Blackhawk trousers better though and I (and many colleagues) fork over our own money for them. I do like Fjallraven for some uses but I only have one pair. I also am a big fan of Vertyx which are not so in your face.

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I'm going to fly in the face of opinion here and come out in public by saying...

...'I love Fjallraven'...and I don't care if I'm the only wearer in the village :eek:

It is probably because I am very picky about the comfort of trousers and rarely risk mail order for something I haven't tried. My FR Foresters are super comfortable, deep cut and baggy (ish) - and that's how I like them. I am also short and they are easy to adjust (I would have jumped at your Greenland trousers Rich but size 50 is a 34" leg - I'm 29" and with the cuffs on the bottom they will be a pain to shorten :cussing:).

The only trouble is they don't make them any more :( so I hunt down :AR15firinany pairs that appear on ebay.

I have not had a 'wearing out'/build problem as yet - maybe I'm not doing enough rugged, manly things :canoe::camping:

But I do agree that they have become 'trendy' of late and prices are escalating - I don't think I have paid full price for any of my FR gear mind.

That's just my pennies worth.

kawasemi

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I tell you what really annoys me about the Fjallraven Greenlanders I have - shallow pockets. Lose my change every time I sit down! One of the zips of mine expired but clearly this can happen to any brand.
Way overpriced of course.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I tell you what really annoys me about the Fjallraven Greenlanders I have - shallow pockets. Lose my change every time I sit down!

...deep, deep, DEEP pockets on the Foresters - feels like you are wearing elbow length gloves when you put your hands in :)...so deep I can nearly scratch my knees ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE