New family tent needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
Just getting ready for the first family camping trip and the groundsheet on our tent has disintegrated.....bugger

Does anyone have a recommendation for a 4 person tent with a bit of room for a budget under £300....that I can get before Monday?

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Honestly with that timescale I'd just go to Go Outdoors or somewhere and have a look at them in person and take one home with you. Gonna struggle getting anything from online before Monday.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Depe where you're based. Go outdoors. If you're near Blackburn there's a very good independent outdoor shop called outdoor action that sells family tents usually at good prices. Winfields further into East Lancashire too.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
BTW both winfields and outdoor action can get a tent to you if you're quick about it and call them with your predicament for added urgency. Go outdoors is all over the country. If you van drive to one at the weekend you will at least get something.

Alternatively you can buy direct from Vango. They will have stock and perhaps if you called you could get something in time. I think they do good, cheap, family tents that size. We've had and still have plenty of vango tents.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought a tent from Argos twenty years ago...it was so good I bought another one when a family friend ended up 'borrowing' mine.

It was a cheap as chips Pro Action one, I put it up, sprayed it with fabsil and let it dry.
I did buy a cheap groundsheet to put down under the footprint of the sleeping part of my tent though. I think that cost me a tenner.
I was under seventy quid for the whole lot and it's been brilliant.

I'm not claiming it's top quality stuff, but tents disintegrate anyway, regardless of how careful we are with them, particularly the groundsheets. A wee bit of pro-active care and it helps immensely.

I quite like the look of the Vango tunnel one.... :)

Reactions: dwardo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE