New cookset, just delivered

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I like my primus micron (old design) with PZ ignition. Also my new Whitebox stove. Thee WBS is made from Aluminium beer bottles that only recently reached shops here. It has side jets and is slightly pressurised. The jets are quite powerful and it is efficient. It comes iwth a base plate and windshield made up of a verylight foil. It boils water very quickly for meths. About 5-6mins from cold water to rolling boil (temp dependant). That is not far off some gas stoves.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
if your storing your burner inside the kettle stash it in a little zip lock bag to stop residual meths leaking in your kettle other than that they are perfect little cooking systems if your not in a rush, i have the large one a swiss army one and the mini all great for different jobs.

I tend to use trangias when family cooking as they seem a little safer with kids not easily knocked over etc but when on my own i find myself using the swiss volcano stove more and more as its very versatile

still weighing up a kelly kettle with cook system too lol.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
if your storing your burner inside the kettle stash it in a little zip lock bag to stop residual meths leaking in your kettle ...

... still weighing up a kelly kettle with cook system too lol.

That's a good tip 'cause there's always a couple of dribbles kicking about when you're done.

The KKs are superb and weigh hardly anything, it's just the bulk and packability which is the slight downer.

woodtramp

Sep 5, 2010
North Dakota
Nice set up, I really want a Trangia burner to aid and abed my stove addiction......I am at a all time low, tried all the usual alchy stoves and the Trangia is just the best, my last one got pinched at duck camp a couple years ago. Some kids just need a good thrashing....

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I've been playing with it in the back garden, It's not so shiny anymore lol.

Tried it with both the meths and the gas burners. The gas burner takes no time at all to heat stuff up, Im really pleased with it.

trangia1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE