New Car Advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Appreciate you have narrowed it down but if your mildly interested in a 4x4 take a look at the Suzuki Ignis 4 grip.

As for the two above, go for the longest warranty and what you like the look of.

ATB, Jon.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
My opinion is buy 2 secondhand cars: a BMW M3 and a Landy. Fast Road car for the days it is not snowing & a good 4x4 for the days it is. MUCH more fun than another small foreign hatchback.... :cool:

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I got Peugeot 307 and thats bigger then you want but dont touch Peugeot, they are a pile of junk. I have had to have a new gearbox on mine, luckily it was just in warrenty when that went. The wireing loom went and that cost a fortune in labor, Air can has now packed up aswell

When we can afford to replace it, I will as soon as I can.

Oh the only good feature is the boot size.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Personally I would never, ever buy a new car again, too much depreciation. If it was me, with that kind of budget, I go for a Subaru Forester, I know a few folks with them and they come very highly recommended.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Personally I would never, ever buy a new car again, too much depreciation. If it was me, with that kind of budget, I go for a Subaru Forester, I know a few folks with them and they come very highly recommended.

I agree that buying new cars is madness unless you're properly flush. Not so sure about the Forester recommendation though. Great cars, I nearly bought one - but thirsty.

A golf diesel is what I'd recommend at this spec and price. There are about a million to choose from, well engineered, reliable, economical and fast - plenty of good ones around at under £5000.

Hi Dogoak, I wasn't really looking for a brand new car, just one that was a year or 2 or 3 years old. I would never buy brand new unless I had one the lottery and went mad on a spending spree. :) We can only dream.

I did think about the forester and have heard they are great cars as well but as Ronnie said they can be a bit thirsty on fuel or so I have heard. There was one for sale at £7999 at a garage I went to, for a petrol,only 27k on the clock and an 05 plate.

The budget has been revised after seeing what the payments would be lol. Also taking into account other costs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE