New camera heads-up...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
The trouble with using AAs is it increases bulk, I'm all for the manufacturers own rechargeable batteries as they usually last a fair bit longer.

I know where you're coming from though, a spare battery is another thing to carry.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
sounds really good but this puts me off slightly

Power comes from a proprietary lithium-ion battery with ID-Security feature that prevents use of counterfeit or third-party batteries

not the proprietary bit, but the rest of the sentence. 3rd party batteries made by Hankel and energizer are, imo, and experience as good as the manufacturers ones and usually a third the price. that end sentence seems like they are forcing you to use their batteries which will no doubt be quite expensive.......

Yes more and more companies are doing things like this. Epson put chips on their cartridges to prevent use of cheaper third party ones, but didn't take long for someone to come up with a way round it.
This battery issue doesn't really bother me as how often do you have to replace a modern rechargeable battery? On a long trip an extra charge can be carried in an external recharger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE