New camera heads-up...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This looks like a great new little camera to stick in the pocket when out 'shrafting...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/TS3/TS3A.HTM

"The TS3 also includes a built-in GPS receiver, compass, altimeter, and barometer, taking things just a little beyond traditional geotagging by also allowing images to be tagged with with the direction, atmospheric pressure, and altitude at which they were shot"

Reason being...

"Image Stabilization, Waterproof (40 feet), Shockproof (6.6 feet), Freezproof (14 degrees F), Dustproof, 1080i and 720p HD Movies, 3D Photos; Built-in GPS, altimeter, barometer, and compass."

Oh, and 12MP.

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
Thanks for the heads up,
I'm going to be looking at getting a rugged compact soon and that looks like a contender, hopefully the price will be reasonable.

ATB

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like it, a lot

My old Sony is still taking some great shots but it's days are numbered me thinks

What's the price gonna be though, £400-500 maybe ?

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
I've been looking at the range for a while, seem to be very good rugged cameras.

Not sure I need all the extras, butt hat might mean prices of the other models in the range might go down!!

My fear would be how these extra sensors affect battery life...

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
I don't think I could justify that sort of money for a compact although by the sound of it it will be worth it.

I've have had a Lumix bridge camera for a while now I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Kit envy :sigh:

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
wow, £235, thats good.

I've played with one of the earlier sans-geotagging models and they're very solid, easy to use bits of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE