New Brit rat packs.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i got some rat paks and they seem to have changed quite a bit from the last ones i had these ones say 24hr multi climate mixed menu on the box,i ,ve not tried them yet but they dont look as good menu wise.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Yes my buddy who gave me them said that Johnathon ,they look like a healthier option no burgers n beans lol not so much stodge , more pasta and tuna dishes and the sweets are very different.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I've had a lot of the ones which you speak of and personally I don't really like them main meal wise. Everything seems to taste very sweet after a while but some mains are wildly better than others, the brew bags are better and the snacks are good (but not chocolate :( ). If you have a chice the CHicken Tikka is quite good but the mixed bean salad is :yuck: ...What I can't wait to try is the 12 hour ration packs that have sandwiches in!

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I've had a lot of the ones which you speak of and personally I don't really like them main meal wise. Everything seems to taste very sweet after a while but some mains are wildly better than others, the brew bags are better and the snacks are good (but not chocolate :( ). If you have a chice the CHicken Tikka is quite good but the mixed bean salad is :yuck: ...What I can't wait to try is the 12 hour ration packs that have sandwiches in!
dont seem to have any of them buddy out of 10 different menus .

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I had a few last year as the kids wanted to try some . The main meals were all quite edible , the puddings id give a miss .
the sweets were good but the chocolate i think is designed to be given away to local kids , it's that bad they won't come back and bother you next time !

Craig..........

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I had a few last year as the kids wanted to try some . The main meals were all quite edible , the puddings id give a miss .
the sweets were good but the chocolate i think is designed to be given away to local kids , it's that bad they won't come back and bother you next time !

Craig..........

Nice thinking Craig lol,some of the cake n custard on the last ones were suspect me n Tam had a couple n tasted them and could not determine what it was it was like we agreed it tasted more like a kipper:yikes::yuck::yuck:

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Personally, I love the new main courses. The menu with the sweet and sour is on the whole the best I think.
The museli stuff theyve chucked in the majority of breakfasts is pretty bad, but most people chuck in hot water to make porridge!
Shame there's no chocolate but theres plenty of other snacks to keep you going that taste better anyway. Can't believe the luxury these days though, a spoon, handwipes and even a resealable bag with the brew kit in! Great for keeping your webbing clean from dirty kit!
Oh and personally, I quite like the new deserts. The baxters peaches are cracking if you save them for your breakfast. Can't think of anything better (sweet, fruity, warm) getting up at dot o clock in the morning on an exercise!

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Thats the same composition etc, except some of the main dishes seem different and the menus are mixed up. Admittedly the ones I had were trial rat packs with a review card in the bottom, so perhaps they've got round to changing them as per general opinion. Looks good though!

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Do you have to get shot at to get these, or are they available to the less likely to be perforated as well?

Well I'm an army cadet and can confidently say I've never been shot at (with live rounds) ! But I think it will probably be a while before you see this commonly in surplus shops. I used the trial ones on exercise last year and even a few weeks ago (hence didn't know about the latest modifications) so if cadets aren't being given them yet (and we get them from central stores) then I guess they're only just going to the regs so civies won't get them for an age.
I've got a few bits kicking about (including the dreaded museli) if you're desperate!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Ok the ones that i had weren't the new ones , I take it these are the ones that you tried .

http://www.airsoftworld.net/new-british-army-24-hour-ration-pack.html

16 recipes and they look well edible .

Craig...........

these are very good, much better than the all the other variants over the last 15 years, though the disappearance of pasta and meat balls does make me sad:( the only meal I am actively searching for is the dried sweet rice from an Arctic ration pack, pure indulgence in a bag:D

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon

the new patrol ration is not great TBH, lots of beef jerkey some nuts and fruit etc, from what i remember it was a bit pointless....:(

it might have changed now though, i will let you know in August...;)

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
The new ones are brilliant. I scoffed one at the weekend, and was pretty impressed. Beat MRE's into the sticks and then some. I always keep one in my 72hr pack.

Glad to see they kept the hot chocolate as well. Good that they have went healthy, nuts etc and the small fruit puree pouch, but I'd have been sad to see that go.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Shame there's no Biscuits Brown or Fruit anymore! The new biscuits are quite nice though. Quite telling that they've put jammie dodgers in some: we must be expecting Daleks.

Claudiasboris

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Shame there's no Biscuits Brown or Fruit anymore! The new biscuits are quite nice though. Quite telling that they've put jammie dodgers in some: we must be expecting Daleks.

Claudiasboris
Aldis sells fruit biscuits that are the very same as issue ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE