New book - The Walkers Guide to Outdoor Clues and Signs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Picked up a new book on Thursday, 'the walkers guide to outdoor clues and signs' I'm only 75 odd pages in, seems quite good so far, lots of working out direction at the moment.

I've been working my way through the same book as well lately. It is an absolute compendium of useful information and ways to notice patterns in the ordinary and every day.
I think it's a book that is best dipped into on occasion in between practical use of the tips, as it is a massive amount of information to take in.
Thoroughly recommend it for anyone interested in the outdoors.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Looks like the sort of book to have if only to pass some time. I learned that indicator species can tell you a lot about the area, that books often miss out.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Look inside the cover. Would you please post the ISBN for me? International Standard Book Number.
Thanks

To pass the time could save your butt, some day. Most of my visitors are city people. Not two clues to rub together.
I have been asked: " what do you see in your world?" Just things you should know about, I suppose.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've done one of his courses too - at the Royal Geographical Society no less; get me eh? I enjoyed it & got a lot out of it. There's definitely plenty of good stuff in his writing too, though I have to be honest and admit that I find it quite hard going.

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough
I got this from the works for £3. Stupidly bought a second copy as I forgot about the first having not read it lol it'll do for when I see something on the gift it on thread

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE