New!! Arktis "Ark Air" Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
I've always been a fan of Arktis gear, and when I came across this "New" line of jackets I had to give it a try :) Full details are here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150991484...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When it arrived I gave it a thorough examination and was impressed with the finish of the jacket, all the stitching is superb and the Black suede shoulder panels are a great addition which moves it slightly away from the traditional "Tactical" look. The hood is also fully lined with the same black suede leather which gives it a nice warm feel.
The jacket has a total of 8 pockets - 4 large button down pockets on the front along with 2 zipped pockets on the chest. It has a pen/phone type pocket on the left arm and an inside zipped pocket. The hood is quite roomy and the velcro volume adjuster helps to get a better fit. The hood is also "wired" with a decent strength wire which keeps it's shape well.
It also has drawstrings along the waist and bottom hem - to be honest I never use these.
I'm 6' 1" with 48" chest, and as with all my previous Arktis kit, I went for the XL size.. Now this jacket seems to be slightly larger than my other kit, but that is not too much of an issue as I can layer up without too much worry.
The standard jacket is rip stop and comes with a wind proof liner - Once I had ordered it, I was contacted by Arktis stating that they offered a "Waterproof" lining as a extra (for an additional £20) I took this option as I thought that was a fair price.
I have spent a cold, windy afternoon wearing it and have been pleased with it so far - Looking forward to some more rain/snow to give it a proper testing :)

I've taken a couple of pic's (My normal standard!!)

T2eC16RHJGIE9nnWqVWBREOjt29w60_12_zps9d03ab0b.jpg

20130212_145435_zps06ac3b10.jpg

20130212_145511_zpsf4073b75.jpg

20130212_145551_zpseb61e1dc.jpg

20130212_145533_zpse8e6bc1e.jpg

My overall impression on this jacket is that it's a great piece of kit, and their decision to move slightly away from "Tactical" equipment is one I'm sure will broaden their customer base. I will add to this review as and when I've given it a good "Soaking" :)

(As usual no affiliation to the Company - Just a pleased customer :) )

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
My only problem with arktis. Never had good customer service from them in the past so have not bought anything off them for years Issue with their bivi bag is a long story.

If your happy then great

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
My only problem with arktis. Never had good customer service from them in the past so have not bought anything off them for years Issue with their bivi bag is a long story.

If your happy then great

Sorry to hear that !!! Can only go by the prompt service I've had :)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I really like that chap, I've got the dan cam one which is surprisingly smart for camo cracking jacket for the money. Upto now I've only really used mine in rain or snow but after seeing this I might try to get some more use out of it, cheers chap

Dec 16, 2007
So looking at the jacket it reminds me of a mix between an SAS smock and a donkey jacket.

Wonder if they could do a gortex shoulder peice for it in Hi Viz for SAR teams.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I seen these but was put off by it not being their waterproof one. My only concern would will the suede just absorb the sweat and make it eternally damp when out. With the suede being at the top the hot moist air will surely rise. Any further reviews would be appreciated, nice kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE