new Arctic baker tent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Me and welchy have been working on bushcraft tent's that are good for all year round bushcraft. We have based the tents on baker tents . Thay are lightweight and can withstand long term cold .The tents can have sides and stoves and front panels to keep out the cold and wet Thay also can be open in hot wather ,and a close fire can be used if we have no log stoves. My tent is smaller than daves wich will be easier to warm up and pack down. But daves is a nice size for better working space and kit room in my opinion Thay will work very well . and both tents are lighter than the polish lavu mods we did and will not absorb the snow melt at all because of the nature of the fabric we used. I just wish we could find more.20151030_124708.jpg20151011_122022.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats better,

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• baker tent 1.jpg
    baker tent 1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 309
  • baker tent 2.jpg
    baker tent 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 308
  • baker tent 3.jpg
    baker tent 3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 308

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
How do the flatish roofs handle heavy snow loads?

J
flat roofs are no good really in havey snow or rain but the roof will be sported in the middle with a tie out line also the roof can run down and be completely closed up with duch lace. I will see if I can find some photos for you:)

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Very, very nice. I have a Whelan Shelter, very similar. I angle the roof, and wrap the sides in bad weather.
That looks like an improvement on mine.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Pu coated poly cotton eh, interesting.......is the material itself lighter than the polish laavu or just the finished tent?

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
these are FAB, I've been lucky enough to see them up close and the level of workmanship is ace, especially the finishing on Welchy's tent. Cant wait to see how these fair on your spring trip boys, I'll be watching with baited breath.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE