Nessmuk with Cocobolo Handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
SOLD. Thanks for looking.

This is one of the knives with the Cocobolo handles that's caused me some grief last week.

It's a full tang 3mm 01 tool steel Nessmuk blade. It's 225 mm long, the handle is 115 mm long, the cutting edge is 122 mm long, the blade is 38 mm wide. The blade has been etched with ferric acid. If wanted it could be polished again.

The handle is Cocobolo. A beautiful wood I won't use again due to the allergic reaction. Pity because it is a beautiful orange/red and black wood. I have given the handle a "woodlore" type shape which I think goes well with the Nessmuk blade, it's very confortable and positive to use. It has brick red fibre liners, brass pins and lanyard tube. With a leather lanyard and brass bead decoration. (why not, it does no harm!)

The sheath is 3.5mm veg tan leather, hand sewn and dyed dark brown. I am going to wet form it to the knife tonight. I could do a different sheath or different colour, if wanted.

£150.00 including P&P (next day special delivery) and Paypal fee.

DSCN0344.jpg

DSCN0346.jpg

DSCN0350.jpg

DSCN0352.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Beautiful work mate. If you have any of that cocobolo left I'd be willing to trade it. I have some jarrah burl that has some really good figuring, but quite a few little bark holes that need filling.

2007_0810Image0002.jpg

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Hi Snufkin. Thanks mate.. Actually, I still have some Cocobolo. I am not going to use it again. I don't fancy another episode like the one I have had! I'll measure up and PM you what I have got.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Hi Snufkin. Thanks mate.. Actually, I still have some Cocobolo. I am not going to use it again. I don't fancy another episode like the one I have had! I'll measure up and PM you what I have got.

Cool, I'll see what I have to trade :) .

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have the knife Jojo. Very happy indeed and thanks for putting the handle materials and pins and stuff in. I'm gonna get some bits and bobs, practise on another knife to ensure I am good to go and then get this one done. I have a few ideas of how I want to sheath it, so I'll need to get some leather to do that, in the meantime I have some chromed leather that will do the job.

It is bigger than I thought it would be though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE