Nessmuk Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
tomtom, here's the skinny on the Buckmuk. :D

Buckmuk

Dale Chudzinski's Nessmuks are hard to beat for a bunch of reasons.

dalesnessmuk2b.jpg

nessmukbone1c.jpg

Reactions: tomtom

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
A Nessmuk inspired knife is getting easier and easier to find, but I would not even bother considering the factory versions when Dale's are so easily had in exactly the sort of dimensions and materials you choose. His work is worth a bit of wait but his prices are in line with the factory stuff, plus you get the benefit of working with a great fellow.

Dale's large Nessmuk with Osage Orange, mortised tang

Schwert_BNessBino.jpg

Dale's Traditional stick tang Nessmuk with antler

Schwert_TNessBino.jpg

And my full-tang with curly birch

Schwert_FT2baton.jpg

Schwert_FT1.jpg

M

Millbilly

Im actually waiting on a mini nessmuk from Dale, i was expecting it sooner than this, but i think he's had a bit on his plate recentley, as im finding him a bit hard to get a hold of..

R

Razorback-Knives

This is a great thread about Nessmuk knives. I've recently found an interest in them and thought I'd put one together. This one is 1/8" thick O1 with a 4 1/4" full convex grind blade. 4 1/4" handle with sambar stag scales. These knives seem to be a good all around camp knife.
Scott

nessmuk2.JPG

racquette

Oct 27, 2003
Madrid,New York
Hey Guys

I just googled Nessmuk for more research, and came upon this. Thank you for the kind words. Glad you like my nessmuk renditions,I have many more variations. I will try to post some pics.

BTW,I joined this forum a while back. For some reason my password went screwy,I look forward to catching up.

Dale

racquette

Oct 27, 2003
Madrid,New York
Millbilly,please e-mail me or PM me. I will respond asap. Not sure why I have not heard from you.I have been out of town,but usually receive messages.

Thanks,
Dale

Jul 5, 2004
I have one of Dale's Nessmuk knives, it is amazing! :You_Rock_

He owes me another knife, a back country utility. Should come soon!

66.jpg

Jan 18, 2005
Bucks
I was thinking about making another one of these from 5160 steel. whats dimentions should it be? Ie. How thick, wide and long etc. Would a flat blade with a scandi grind (convexed or flat) be best?

cheers in advance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE