Nessmuk Knife Sheath

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
I recently picked up a Condor Nessmuk (review in reviews section ;)), but it was supplied with a left handed sheath, so seeing as how I'm a 'righty' I decided to make my own...

I've not got much tools wise, just a Stanley knife, some sand paper and a cheap Chinese sewing all (which later bent and broke on me).
The leather was some 4mm Veg tan that a friend had lying about and kindly donated to me.

I had a look at a fair few tutorials and cherry picked the info I thought relevant (I have now learned that I'm an idiot and ALL info given IS relevant), however I felt the need to stray off track and try to make something that looked more like "I" made it.

So, seeing as I had the camera out to take a couple of pics of my Hobo stove, I thought I could slap a couple of the new sheath up too :) All criticism welcome, as this is a ongoing learning process for me...

The Knife and sheath (which needs dying when funds are available).
9vk4s0.jpg

The Knife "in" the sheath.
30iaiwz.jpg

and finally... the messy other side (this is where the sewing awl bent and finally broke :().
1r3p7r.jpg

Sadly the last pic came out a bit fuzzy, this maybe a sub-conscious effort to hide the appalling sewing :D

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Good work Neil, When i first started (a few months back) i had a bad bit of stitching on mine but as you practice more and make more things it will come on leaps and bounds, if your gonna do more invest in a basic kit, i dont use an awl, i like you have bent 'em lol. i use a pinvice n a 1.5mm drill bit (im not a purist lol)

ATB

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
looks ok Neil! - the next will be better and then you will be hooked!

as for the staining you could make it black for more or less nowt if you want (which would help disguise the stitching wobble ;) ) with vinagaroon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE