need business coursework ideas!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
alistair fraser said:
I am studying AS business and have started some new course work. The idea is to think up a new product and market it. Can anyone see a gap in the buscraft scene for a new product. thanks.

If you haven't done this before, start at the end and work backward to understand the cost structure in retail / wholesale etc business.

i.e Selling price, less VAT, less retailers profit margin, less shipping to the retailer - that gets your selling price (worse if there's a wholesaler in the way, better if you mail order but then your marketing and shipping costs will be worse and consumer protection legislation makes you liable for customer returns)

Then there's corporation tax, merchant transaction costs (if you do mail order) etc etc.

This will show you how big a difference there needs to be between your costs and the retail price if you're going to make any money. Cost structure varies a lot between markets but trust me - it's absolutely fundamental. If you know what you're letting yourself in for, it will help you screen out the impractical projects right away.

Have fun ! :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE